Thread: Graphics Card and Driver Problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Graphics Card and Driver Problems

OK. so I'm new to Ubuntu, and with some help from a friend I've got almost everything up and running. The only thing that I'm having problems with is a PCI input nVidia 6200 graphics card. I have the driver all installed, but i can't run ubuntu through this specific card.

Well the only way i can get ubuntu to come up is in the low graphics version, with my on-board set as my primary adapter. Currently there are no other PCI slots being used, and the Card was working just fine yesterday before i put Ubuntu on my computer. But when i try to get Ubuntu to load with my card set as the primary adapter, it goes to the load screen and stops maybe 10% of the way, it freezes here and just doesn't move past it. I have tried recovery mode as well, but the code that comes up on the black screen also freezes as well.

Beans

Re: Graphics Card and Driver Problems

same problem with my nvidia MX4...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by chicken_Combo View Post
    same problem with my nvidia MX4...
    Sweet, at least we have a few people who are now suffering from the same issues.
    and hopefully we can get some answers. I'm still looking and if i get anything to work i'll let you know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Same issue with a Geforce 7600 on a Sony Viao ... not matter what versin drivers or what version ubuntu ... manual or auto install ...

i'm thinking of switching to Suse or Red Hat ..