Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Contributing to Karmic Koala

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Contributing to Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by 23meg View Post
    Do you mean mentioning ubuntu-bug before even linking to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs (which contains ubuntu-bug information as well)?
    Ahh, indeed it does, thanks!

Beans

As you can see from my join date I am real new.

I have Kinky Kitten (9.10) on a partition and am real impressed.

I have one problem that I wasn't sure what to do with and filed a report and followed (or at least tried to) this post.

It may not be a real good bug report but is a lot better than it would have been without this post. Thank you very much.
    Dell 480 XPS 3G ram Quad Core 2.40GHz, Radeon HD 2400 PRO, Audigy1, 3x320G HDD, 320G External, Debian Testing for use, Debian Squeeze for secure use, Debian Sid for FUN

Beans

Hi!

I am a newbie in the whole development topic. Please do not stone me.

I would like to contribute to the development of ubuntu in this release cycle of Karmic Koala. I read a bit in the wiki, but I am still not quiet sure how I can do something. My idea was to install Karmic on my external hard drive and look for bugs to report.

The problem is that I do not get if there is a special way of searching for bugs which are important for this release. During the development of Jaunty I read that there is an automated way of looking for bugs. Is there something like that for Karmic? Or to cut a long story short: Where and how shall I begin when I am looking for bugs?

Thanks a lot,

Daniel

Beans

Daniel_le_Rouge
    Bob Dylan
    Everybody must get stoned
    Just use 9.10 and use it hard. Try to overload it. Have lots of apps open at once.

HAVE FUN.
    Dell 480 XPS 3G ram Quad Core 2.40GHz, Radeon HD 2400 PRO, Audigy1, 3x320G HDD, 320G External, Debian Testing for use, Debian Squeeze for secure use, Debian Sid for FUN

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Little bit offtopic:

when replying to bug on LP via gmail, is it normal to have long latency before the message appears on LP? or does it ever?

Wrote response to bug, via gmail 15 minutes ago, still haven't appeared on launchpad.
    Code:
    recipient	Bug 389340 <389340@bugs.launchpad.net>
    date (date)	19. kesäkuuta 2009 9:58
    subject	Re: [Bug 389340] Re: firefox-3.5 crashed with SIGSEGV "Save image as" Select destination folder
    sender	gmail.com
    I won't answer to difficult guestions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by taavikko View Post
    When replying to bug on LP via gmail, is it normal to have long latency before the message appears on LP? or does it ever?
    I don't think so. I reply to bugs on GMail quite often and though I don't look at the watch I guess in 5-10 minutes the comment should be there.
    Siegfried-A. Gevatter Pujals
    Ubuntu Developer. Debian Developer. Zeitgeist Core Developer.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by RainCT View Post
    I don't think so. I reply to bugs on GMail quite often and though I don't look at the watch I guess in 5-10 minutes the comment should be there.
    Somehow my reply address was corrupted and doesn't behave nicely.
    All sorted now
    I won't answer to difficult guestions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Is there anything I can do to contribute to the official artwork? I was eagerly awaiting changes to Karmic Desktop Artwork, but weeks after UDS it has remained unchanged.
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Merk42 View Post
    Is there anything I can do to contribute to the official artwork? I was eagerly awaiting changes to Karmic Desktop Artwork, but weeks after UDS it has remained unchanged.
    The default artwork is mostly done by Canonical itself, but there are some ways to pitch in. You should checkout https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/

One place community contributions might be used in the default artwork is the background: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Inco...ic/Backgrounds

You might also want to check out this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...03#post7520803

There are other initiatives for non-default stuff like the community-themes package: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Docu...ommunityThemes
    -----

Community Manager @ DigitalOcean
    You're more likely to get answers from me over on AskUbuntu these days.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I know about the community ones, that's why I accented official.
    It's just so frustrating seeing the community blueprints so active and the official ones seemingly dormant.

I'll think about stuff for branding and definitely look into the boot experience.
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast