Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canoscan LiDE 200

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Canoscan LiDE 200

Man,this is great!
    I followed all the steps and now my Lide 100 works.
    How do you guys know this stuff????
    Thank you,
    GG -----------

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I just wanted to thank everybody who contributed to this thread - with particular thanks to desertdog, dli8ilb, spike852 and rosenth.
    As a result my Lide 200 scanner finally works (after months of trying).
    I was so delighted I thought it was time to signup to the forums and try and help as well - so this is my first shy attempt at a post.

One simple issue I did have that might help others is that after I:
    - installed the 'make'
    - made desertfog's config file changes
    I could get scanimage to work (list, test and actual scan options) but not xsane.

I finally tracked it down to what I assume was a hangover from a previous install and sane related files in /usr/local. After I manually deleted these then both xsane and then simplescan worked.

Beans

well, i got everything installed and the permissions, but when scanning with xsane it seems like the scanner is trying to move in reverse. the led bar is at the "top" of the scanning area, and it tries to move further in that direction making a clicking sound

scanimage gives an I/O error when i try to use that.

I am using a version of 9.04

any ideas?
    Last edited by maitland; November 26th, 2010 at 04:49 AM.

Beans

well, i tried the daily snapshot, but still no love.

what are the versions of the dependencies that are found in the versions of Ubuntu that ya'll are using? libusb-dev, etc...

maybe if i update all of those, it will work??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I have to confess I'd be tempted to pursuade you to try upgrading to 10.10 as the install process is a bit convoluted and I suspect there may be a number of package dependencies.
    Perhaps wait to see what other posts you get with other ideas and if nothing comes try the full upgrade.

I do know that once I did have a problem that the bar stopped halway and then xsane no longer worked. I'm now scratching my head to remember what I did to fix it - I think it was run scanimage -T, which took the bar back to the start position.

Beans

thing is, i'm not running a vanilla *ubuntu. I have an Indamixx netbook, and the OS is built on 9.04. If I tried to upgrade, I would undoubtedly break all sorts of things that are working great, now. doesn't seem worth it.

I'll try that scanimage -T thing though. thanks for the input. I'm sure if i hack at it a bit i can get it working.

Beans

Got this working thanks to dli8ilb's post. I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit.

The key was to make sure you have backend version 1.0.22. I had 1.0.21 at first and couldn't get the thing to work.

Thanks again!

Beans

@ headcount:

definitely tried the latest unstable version. also, I tried a daily snapshot. it says on the sane webpage that they are "working on" 2400 dpi support... so, that must mean they are doing something to it...

it's starting to look like the problem must be related to one of the other associated packages... I guess I could try to update to all the latest versions of every package that is required to build the backend...

is this what they call, "dependency hell?"

@ davposs:

I tried running scanimage -T. it failed due to "I/O error" the first 2 tiimes. then it magically worked the 3rd time. everything was a "PASS" except for the first 2 entries. (which are the only 2 that attempt to make a real sized scan, it appears). the damn thing is just running in reverse. there is no question about it. I wonder if i could hack the code to just make it go in the opposite direction... ?

Beans

Smile Re: Canoscan LiDE 200

Quote Originally Posted by dli8ilb View Post
    here is the solution (slightly modified for the LiDE 200 model), tested and working in Karmic
    This worked perfectly on Lucid. Thanks a lot for the walkthrough!

Beans

dli8ilb thank you very much! I've been trying for months to get the scanner working with Maverick 64bit. I did everything as described and the scanner works now with Xsane perfectly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast