Thread: Install Jaunty Jackalope PPC will not boot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Install Jaunty Jackalope PPC will not boot

Hello, I have acquired a powerbook g4 and am having issues getting it to boot.

I have tried from usb thumb drive, and my cd drive from my hp laptop as my powerbook has a bad drive... which is cool because Mac OS 10.4.11 picked it up and let me burn with it without a hitch. Both the CD and the USB key give me the same issue. I hold down option key to get to the start up selection and click it once it's done searching... hit next, the screen goes black, then flashes and goes back to the start up selection screen again, and if I try again even after rebooting it still does it. It -WILL- Not boot it. Yes I have tried the alternate and standard image.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Install Jaunty Jackalope PPC will not boot

news flash... debian NetInst 5.0 PPC will not work either... going to try the gentoo livecd.

Beans
    Distro

No installation disc/live CD will boot for PPC linux, either via thumb drive, CD drive, nor with/without original apple harddrive.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

try the ubuntu alternate installer. I've had issues with the livecds since the late 2006 version.

and btw, my powermac g5 does the exact same behavior trying to boot the regular installer.

Beans
    Distro

Yeah, well I have, as previously mentioned... so I can't even get geexbox or finnix to load either... from CD or USB