Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pangolin HDMI and HDTV setup issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Pangolin HDMI and HDTV setup issues

So I tried to get Audio over HDMI working again, but no dice. What I did was...

1) Install a daily build of Ubuntu 9.10 (20090813)

2) Install newest Nvidia driver (185.18.31)

3) Install newest AlSA Driver (1.0.20) Which is the default, but I did anyways.

4) I even tried a daily build of ALSA, and it still didnt work.

I give up

There are somethings they changed in Ubuntu 9.10 with the GUI for how sound preferences work. I don't really like it, it's confusing

But I prefer CLI anyways, and aplay -L does not show any Nvidia HDMI outputs like it should.

Although I do like how it shows what applications are using sound resources, and you can dictate priority (The new sound Preferences UI

Lastly for the S76 dev guys the Track-pad does not work properly. Moving the mouse does, but Horizontal Scrolling, and tapping the middle for clicking does not. But It's probably too early for you guys to care, it's just an unstable build.

##EDIT##

Never mind it works just fine, it is disable by default. Just have to go into Trackpad settings....Maybe that should be enabled with the S76 driver? Also there are two new options, "Disable Trackpad while typing", and "Two-Finger Scrolling"

Disable Trackpad while typing works GREAT!!!! , but not Two-Finger Scrolling
    Last edited by Lee_Machine; August 13th, 2009 at 03:32 PM.

Beans

HDMI audio has been working fine for me on my Bonobo. I had to change a few things. Here's a screenshot of my settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Lee Machine: Did you have HDMI audio working in Interpid? What settings did you use?

This is one of those "I'll be testing at work" things since I don't have HDMI tv here Wanted to play some movies off comp while working.
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual." - Terry Pratchett

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123