Thread: Battery life on a HP Compaq 6910p

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Battery life on a HP Compaq 6910p

I have been using Linux for about 3 years, and Ubuntu for a good deal of that time. I just recently installed the newest Ubuntu release, 9.04 on my laptop and have a dual boot with Windows XP. I would love to get rid of my XP partition but the battery life on Ubuntu is horrible compared to XP. XP gets 3 hours of battery life using wireless. Ubuntu, using the same wireless, gets about an hour and 45 minutes of I'm lucky. I ran Powertop and applied all of its suggestions. Battery life is still about the same. Can anyone help me out with how I can improve battery life? Thanks.

Beans

Re: Battery life on a HP Compaq 6910p

*bump*

I'm having the same problem. Really bad battery life running ubuntu

Beans

Unhappy Re: Battery life on a HP Compaq 6910p

I'm having the same problem .. only that my version of it is worse ...
    If I boot into ubuntu 9.04, sometimes it will run happily for about 2 hours but other times it just seems to give up pretty quickly after removing the AC supply. I will be working or playing away and the battery will be at a good level and suddenly it turns off and won't start up again until I connect it to the power!

Any ideas anyone??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Battery life on a HP Compaq 6910p

Its been a known bug for a long time, basically everyone has given up on it from what I gathered.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...pi/+bug/218094