Thread: Cooling issues with a GeForceGo 6150

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Cooling issues with a GeForceGo 6150

I have been running Ubuntu 8.10 with my HP Pavilion dv6308nr (with a GeForceGo 6150), and I've recently installed the sensors applet, and noticed that my GPU can (after a few hours) get up to 90 degrees C (which I know isn't good). I've checked all over the forums, but haven't found any definitive answers yet. My questions are as follows:

1) is there a way to monitor fan speeds and thresholds in ubuntu so I can get a feel for what is or may not be spinning?

2) Is there a way to check if this Video card has a fan (all of my searching has not found anything giving me temp ranges, fan presence, etc).

3) What have other users with a similar video card been getting for temps with this thing?

If anyone has any other advice or good info, I would greatly appreciate it. Last thing I want to do is cook my laptop. Also, right now I dual boot XP and Ubuntu 8.10, and the XP install clocks the temp at 73 degrees under the same loads for the same time (so I'm guessing a fan isn't spinning as fast?).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Cooling issues with a GeForceGo 6150

bump. I could really use some info (or even a link)