Thread: Windows too big

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Windows too big

Hey, I am having a problem where some windows are too big to use in UNR. I found a fix somewhere but it didn't work, has anyone fixed this problem? I have a HP Mini with a 10.1 inch screen.
    HP Mini 1020nr

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: Windows too big

If you turn compiz off, you can hold alt and drag the window up. This is the only way I have found to access the lower buttons.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Thanks so much for the reply.

Well, I right clicked on the desktop, clicked "change desktop background," and then went to the "visual effects" tab...but they were already off. That is how I turn Compiz off, right?
    HP Mini 1020nr

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindubrow View Post
    Thanks so much for the reply.

Well, I right clicked on the desktop, clicked "change desktop background," and then went to the "visual effects" tab...but they were already off. That is how I turn Compiz off, right?
    Correct. Now just make sure the window isn't maximized, hold alt, then click and drag the window up.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by brandoncolorado View Post
    If you turn compiz off, you can hold alt and drag the window up. This is the only way I have found to access the lower buttons.
    That should work just fine without turning Compiz off.

It's a basic feature available in pretty much every Linux window manager, and Comiz definitely does that by default. The only reason why it wouldn't work with Compiz is if you have yourself made some changes to Compiz configuration and those changes conflict with this feature.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Well...for some reason the alt+click only works with Compiz on for me (I decided I would try it out while I was waiting for a reply).

I guess I'll stick with that for a while. Thanks so much for all of the help! I thought it would be a difficult fix.
    HP Mini 1020nr