Thread: sprint broadband card

Beans

sprint broadband card

I have ubuntu 7.10 on a CD so I also have windows in this laptop, I am checking out this new operating system and I dont know how to set up my sprint broadband card, if there is anyone familiar with my problem please reply. Do I have to completely install ubuntu in order to use my broadband?

Beans

Re: sprint broadband card

to me "sprint" is something I do when I'm too late for something. what are the technical details of your network? ADSL? HSDPA? Ethernet? WLAN? FTTH? PPPoE? and what is this card you speak of? which manufacturer? brand? type? chip? interface?

Ubuntu 7.10 is almost 2 years old, you can make things work, but generally things work better on newer OS'es, so using 9.04 makes more sense.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: sprint broadband card

As posted before I would use ubuntu 9.04 and it should be a "plug and play" application.just click on the network manager and add your information.I haven't tried it with sprint but worked with verizon,and a friend of mine uses sprint and this is how she installed hers and it works like a champ.

Beans

Re: Can windows xp & ubuntu b together on a pc?

Thank u very much for ur effort to help me connect with my broadband card. now this brings me to another question, How can I download ubuntu 9.04 without wiping out my my windows xp, which I also need on this IBM Laptop. I was told by a savy friend that I can have both. Please reply if u have a solution.