Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ubuntu logs me out when Running Wine

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Question Re: Ubuntu logs me out when Running Wine

Quote Originally Posted by Altay_H View Post
    Try running metacity instead of compiz (under Appearance choose None). That's the only solution that has worked for me. You could also try using a different graphics card driver, if there is one available.
    Cheers Altay_H. I will try that. BTW this is [image attached] the driver that I use as it was marked recommended. Which of the other 2 would be better?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008
    GNU/Linux User #470660 – Ubuntu User #28226
    Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Ubuntu logs me out when Running Wine

Quote Originally Posted by Rytron View Post
    Which of the other 2 would be better?
    Try them both and see if either of them prevents the crash from occurring. It's likely that it will occur on all three versions, but it's worth giving each a try anyway.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Ubuntu logs me out when Running Wine

Try them both and see if either of them prevents the crash from occurring. It's likely that it will occur on all three versions, but it's worth giving each a try anyway.
    Thank you Altay_H. I will first try metacity and then perhaps the 2 other video drivers.
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Exclamation Re: Ubuntu logs me out when Running Wine

I tried metacity and I was logged out on my 3rd game. If I run the game in a window either via Wine config or via 'Volvo The Game' Config.exe I get no auto log outs. Would hz or vsync have anything to do with this? I am reluctant to change my video driver as I know of no other problem with any game and changing the video driver may bring new problems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123