Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Conky weather info using Accuweather RSS/Weather Underground ICAL

Ok then, the important stuff is all there, the little things that I asked doesn't really matter.

The offset I asked I already figure out. Is the gap_x gap_y option.

So I think that's good enough for me. Thanks again for providing this great script.

Bye

Beans

New and hopefully final bugfix in the weather conditions script.
    This time the "Haze" phrase in a forecast caused the non-available icon to appear.
    I contacted Wunderground via e-mail and finally they updated their page with the real messages - thanks Aaron Cowdin
    http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/API_-_XML
    If you're already using the script, replace the old wunderground-script.sh file with the new one.
    Sorry for the continuous updates, but it hasn't been my fault!!!
    Keep Ubunting...

EDIT: Here's a new screenshot with a slightly different desktop arrangement (18-10-09)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TeoBigusGeekus; October 18th, 2009 at 06:56 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hey,

I get this on output when trying to run conky:

Code:
    grant@laptop:~$ conky
    Conky: desktop window (2200074) is subwindow of root window (119)
    Conky: window type - override
    Conky: drawing to created window (0x3a00001)
    Conky: drawing to double buffer
    /home/grant/conky_weather/weather_script.sh: 2: cannot create home/grant/conky_weather/weather: Directory nonexistent
    sed: can't read home/grant/conky_weather/weather: No such file or directory
    /home/grant/conky_weather/weather_script.sh: 7: cannot create home/grant/conky_weather/weather1: Directory nonexistent
    /home/grant/conky_weather/weather_script.sh: 8: cannot create home/grant/conky_weather/weather1: Directory nonexistent
    sed: can't read home/grant/conky_weather/weather1: No such file or directory
    Any idea?

EDIT:
    Nevermind! was missing some forward slashes in front of home directory! All good!
    Last edited by graaant; October 22nd, 2009 at 02:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

While I'm here, could you help me with the styling/spacing of this?

I've edited my conkyrc to look like this:
    Code:
    WEATHER ${hr 2}

${execi 600 sh /home/grant/conky_weather/weather_script.sh}
    ${font conkyweather:size=14}${execi 600  sed -n '4p' /home/grant/conky_weather/weather1}${font} ${voffset -20}${execi 600 sed -n '1p' /home/grant/conky_weather/weather1}

${rss http://rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweather_rss.asp?metric=1&locCode=OCN|AU|NSW|GOSFORD 10 item_title 1}
    ${font conkyweather:size=14}${execi 600  sed -n '5p' /home/grant/conky_weather/weather1}${font} ${voffset -20}${execi 600 sed -n '2p' /home/grant/conky_weather/weather1}

${rss http://rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweather_rss.asp?metric=1&locCode=OCN|AU|NSW|GOSFORD 10 item_title 2}
    ${font conkyweather:size=14}${execi 600  sed -n '6p' /home/grant/conky_weather/weather1}${font} ${voffset -20}${execi 600 sed -n '3p' /home/grant/conky_weather/weather1}
    Now it just comes out as a jumble: See screenshot:

I'm just trying to get it to fall into line with the rest of the my conky

Beans

Try this
    Code:
    WEATHER ${hr 2}
    ${execi 600 sh /home/teo/conky_weather/weather_script.sh}
    ${font conkyweather:size=14}${execi 600  sed -n '4p' /home/teo/conky_weather/weather1}${font}   ${voffset -5}${execi 600 sed -n '1p' /home/teo/conky_weather/weather1}

${rss http://rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweather_rss.asp?metric=1&locCode=OCN|AU|NSW|GOSFORD 10 item_title 1}
    ${font conkyweather:size=14}${execi 600  sed -n '5p' /home/teo/conky_weather/weather1}${font}  ${voffset -5}${execi 600 sed -n '2p' /home/teo/conky_weather/weather1}

${rss http://rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweather_rss.asp?metric=1&locCode=OCN|AU|NSW|GOSFORD 10 item_title 2}
    ${font conkyweather:size=14}${execi 600  sed -n '6p' /home/teo/conky_weather/weather1}${font}  ${voffset -5}${execi 600 sed -n '3p' /home/teo/conky_weather/weather1}

Beans

I have an interesting problem...

Looks like the parsing of data is going to be different for those of us in the USA. If you look in the first screenshot you will see your ICAL weather url. In the second you can see mine:

http://ical.wunderground.com/auto/ic...?units=english

The spacing issue I can fix, the parsing issue I am lost on. Any suggestions?

Beans

Totally different parsing indeed. The whole code will need to be rewritten. I will work on it during the weekend - stay tuned.

...alternatively, you could move to Europe

Beans

Sorry mate - impossible! The whole script has to be written all over again in order to parse the US version of the forecast. At the moment it's beyond me as it requires far more time than a single weekend...
    Sorry...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Thank You So Much

One question if I may, is there a way to make the forecast lines into 2 or 3 lines, so conky is narrower ?

Thanks Again,
    Rodney
    Last edited by Rodney9; November 9th, 2009 at 07:04 AM.

Beans

I wish there were Rodney.
    I've tried to fiddle with the fold option, but it makes the text go underneath the forecast icon (see image)
    If you find something please post...

Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast