Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Conky weather info using Accuweather RSS

Tiny bugfix in the weather_script.sh file that caused super hot days to be presented by the rainy day symbol.
    It seems that I had misread the weatherfont symbol for hot weather (5) with the symbol for rain (s).
    So, if you saw rain in your conky and it turned out to be something like 45 C without any spot of moisture, it's not Accuweather's fault - it's mine!!
    Just replace the old file with the new one.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused...
    Last edited by TeoBigusGeekus; July 24th, 2009 at 11:34 PM.

Beans

Thanks a ton for posting this! I couldn't get any of the other weather scripts to install in Gentoo. This one works like a charm, so easy to get running.

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Conky weather info using Accuweather RSS/Weather Underground ICAL

*deleted*
    Last edited by TeoBigusGeekus; May 2nd, 2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: DELETED

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TeoBigusGeekus View Post
    NEW UPDATED VERSION FOR THE NON LAZY

Still waiting for them suggestions, applause or abuse...
    Thanks for the tips and scripts. I'm really new at linux and openbox.

I tried to use your script (the 2'e) and it worked (after a while) for me.
    But I get an strange error where the date shoud be;
    prss: Error reading RSS data

Please help.

[applause!]

Beans

The rss command couldn't temporarily get any answer from accuweather.
    This happens whenever the site is too busy or whenever your connection is too busy (i.e. torrents, mail, heavy surfing, etc.).
    Don't worry, it will come after a while.

Beans

I think I wait whit the weather-function for a while and look more into the local information on the computer first.

Beans

Minor update in the wunderground-script.sh file.
    Apparently, Weather Underground has a weather message (Thunderstorm) which doesn't appear in their wunderwiki site
    (http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/API_-_XML - see forecast condition phrases).
    As a result, whenever the forecast showed Thunderstorm as a message, you ended up with a N/A symbol.
    Corrected now, just replace the old wunderground-script.sh file with the new one.

Beans

Just wanted to thank you. Very easy to follow and make it work (lot easier than others - and I've tried a bunch).

Only minor thing, in mine the thermometer didn't shows, just a square. But I realy don't care for the thermometer.

Thanks Again

Beans

Hello, me again.

Just wanna ask three things: 1- What's the difference between if14 and if12 ?

2- I live in Brazil and I don't know where you live, but I know we live in different times because it changed the day 3 or 4 hours before it should have. How can I change it?

3- As I said, I'm from Brazil. Is there a way to change the messages languages?

And just one more- Is there a way to offset the whole cunky?

Beans

1)Wunderground forecast has 3 different states of messages:
    a) Up until midnight, the forecast is for 7 days, day and night included, i.e. Today and 6 more days (14 messages).
    b) Between midnight and morning, the messages are for Tonight and the six following days (13 messages).
    c) From somewhere in the morning until somewhere before noon, the messages are for Today and 5 more days (12 messages). The sixth day is added later on.
    So, in order not to have empty conky entries I had to distinguish the cases: I count the number of messages and display them appropriately.

2)You can't (as far as I know). I leave in Greece and my forecast changes a couple of hours AFTER local midnight (this one is worse than your case, the day has changed and I still read yesterday's forecast)

3)Hmmm... Cannot be done directly I think... You could fiddle with the script and add some additional code that will replace all the messages with Brazilian transations.

About the thermometer: Have you added the conkyweather font in your fonts?
    I will repeat that if you already had it, you have to replace it with the new version of post 13.

Thanks for your kind words!!!

EDIT: Could you be a bit more specific about the offset thing?
    Last edited by TeoBigusGeekus; September 18th, 2009 at 06:27 PM.

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast