Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,219 of 1219

Thread: Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com

Beans

Re: Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Ubuntu 11.10 sounds pretty good right now. When I used Ubuntu I would update 3 months after a release. That way 'most' of the bugs get ironed out.

To continue... I'm going out on a limb here, but did you install lm-sensors and run:
    Code:
    sudo sensors-detect
    answering 'yes' to everything - even the last question?

If so what do you get with:
    Code:
    sensors
    Yepper sure did...
    Code:
    coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Core 0:       +22.0°C  (high = +89.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
    Core 2:       +27.0°C  (high = +89.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)

f71889fg-isa-0a00
    +3.3V:        +3.33 V  
    in1:          +0.95 V  (max =  +2.04 V)
    in2:          +0.00 V  
    in3:          +0.98 V  
    in4:          +1.10 V  
    in5:          +0.79 V  
    in6:          +0.58 V  
    3VSB:         +3.28 V  
    Vbat:         +3.31 V  
    fan1:           0 RPM  ALARM
    fan2:        1419 RPM
    fan3:         960 RPM
    temp1:        +32.0°C  (high = +255.0°C, hyst = +251.0°C)
                           (crit = +255.0°C, hyst = +251.0°C)  sensor = thermistor
    temp2:        +34.0°C  (high = +255.0°C, hyst = +251.0°C)
                           (crit = +255.0°C, hyst = +251.0°C)  sensor = thermistor
    temp3:        +31.0°C  (high = +255.0°C, hyst = +253.0°C)
                           (crit = +255.0°C, hyst = +253.0°C)  sensor = transistor

nouveau-pci-0100
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1:        +38.0°C  (high = +100.0°C, crit = +110.0°C)
    Same results as before the install. Now you got me to looking again I see coretemp.0 folder that was once missing is there now but does not have temp1_input, but that I saw somewhere else lol. I'll take a look again at where it is.

edit: I see what's goin on now, the path that is being shown in terminal is
    /sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.0/temp1_input

the path where the files are
    /sys/bus/platform/devices/f71882fg.2560
    Last edited by FrankenCub; May 10th, 2012 at 11:58 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenCub View Post
    edit: I see what's goin on now, the path that is being shown in terminal is
    /sys/bus/platform/devices/coretemp.0/temp1_input

the path where the files are
    /sys/bus/platform/devices/f71882fg.2560
    See, sometimes were like old mororcycles - we need a kick-start.

Beans

See, sometimes were like old mororcycles - we need a kick-start.
    Yes Sir, and just like old Triumphs I just needed a couple extra kicks. Trouble is to fire up I forgot to press the ticklers a couple times
    Any chance you could point a finger, pun intended, at what would be the best way to proceed ? Would it be best to move files around or change the path that is being called for ? Actually, I have yet to find what exactly is calling the path to even change it

Beans
    Hidden!

Yes Sir, and just like old Triumphs I just needed a couple extra kicks. Trouble is to fire up I forgot to press the ticklers a couple times
    Any chance you could point a finger, pun intended, at what would be the best way to proceed ? Would it be best to move files around or change the path that is being called for ? Actually, I have yet to find what exactly is calling the path to even change it
    Ooooooooooooooo memory lane. Back in '70 a friend and I had a chance to buy 6 WWII Triumphs still in the creates and in packing grease. Trouble was we couldn't find 4 other friends to fill the gap. They were going as a lot! That bummed me out for a LONG time!

Not knowing your system and before I point you to a post. Check to see if you have this directory:

Code:
    /sys/class/hwmon/
    if you do look at this post.

This post come with no guarantees!

Beans

Ooooooooooooooo memory lane. Back in '70 a friend and I had a chance to buy 6 WWII Triumphs still in the creates and in packing grease. Trouble was we couldn't find 4 other friends to fill the gap. They were going as a lot! That bummed me out for a LONG time!

Not knowing your system and before I point you to a post. Check to see if you have this directory:

Code:
    /sys/class/hwmon/
    if you do look at this post.

This post come with no guarantees!
    I do have that directory but I didn't see anything there that would be of much help. From the way that that path is coming up in terminal then it says..please check your device or remove this var from Conky..that would tell me that one of my conky files is calling that path, unless I'm misunderstanding how it works. But I used search to find every conky file then went through them one by one, and not one of them has that path in it so I don't understand why it would be there. I would think if it's anything like my weather conky and not pulling the hardware monitor information it just wouldn't show it, but other parts would still show. Maybe I'm tired and confused lol.
    I'm thinking I may save my conkyrc files and completely delete everything to do with conky and sensors and start over fresh with some better documentation of what I did.

By the way, I would have traded a leg for one of those Triumphs, well...maybe trade my wife and keep my leg to ride. My uncle taught me how to ride when I was about 12, on a Triumph 750 Bonneville. I've been hooked on them ever since
    Last edited by FrankenCub; May 11th, 2012 at 06:22 AM.

Beans

I do have that directory but I didn't see anything there that would be of much help. From the way that that path is coming up in terminal then it says..please check your device or remove this var from Conky..that would tell me that one of my conky files is calling that path, unless I'm misunderstanding how it works. But I used search to find every conky file then went through them one by one, and not one of them has that path in it so I don't understand why it would be there. I would think if it's anything like my weather conky and not pulling the hardware monitor information it just wouldn't show it, but other parts would still show. Maybe I'm tired and confused lol.
    I'm thinking I may save my conkyrc files and completely delete everything to do with conky and sensors and start over fresh with some better documentation of what I did.

By the way, I would have traded a leg for one of those Triumphs, well...maybe trade my wife and keep my leg to ride. My uncle taught me how to ride when I was about 12, on a Triumph 750 Bonneville. I've been hooked on them ever since
    Ever since Ubuntu went to 11.04, system variables are handled differently. You can run Sensors all you want, but you should look in your hwmon directory for what the system can actually detect and use. If you, at one point, were running sensors that worked in 10.10, and they cease working when you upgrade, chances are Ubuntu changed just enough that those sensors don't actually run in Ubuntu anymore.

What you CAN use is in the HWMON directory. Check that against the results of the sensors-detect and sensors calls in your terminal, and that will tell you what is available to you now. You may need to run them with sudo to get an answer.

Beans
    Hidden!

I do have that directory but I didn't see anything there that would be of much help.

Yours is:
    coretemp-isa-0000
    Core 0: +22.0°C (high = +89.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
    Core 2: +27.0°C (high = +89.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
    Try:
    Code:
    ${hwmon 0 Core 0}
    ${hwmon 0 Core 2}

f71889fg-isa-0a00
    +3.3V: +3.33 V
    in1: +0.95 V (max = +2.04 V)
    in2: +0.00 V
    in3: +0.98 V
    in4: +1.10 V
    in5: +0.79 V
    in6: +0.58 V
    3VSB: +3.28 V
    Vbat: +3.31 V
    fan1: 0 RPM ALARM
    fan2: 1419 RPM
    fan3: 960 RPM
    temp1: +32.0°C (high = +255.0°C, hyst = +251.0°C)
    (crit = +255.0°C, hyst = +251.0°C) sensor = thermistor
    temp2: +34.0°C (high = +255.0°C, hyst = +251.0°C)
    (crit = +255.0°C, hyst = +251.0°C) sensor = thermistor
    temp3: +31.0°C (high = +255.0°C, hyst = +253.0°C)
    (crit = +255.0°C, hyst = +253.0°C) sensor = transistor
    Code:
    ${hwmon 1 fan 2}
    ${hwmon 1 fan 3}
    ${hwmon 1 temp 1}
    ${hwmon 1 temp 2}
    ${hwmon 1 temp 3}
    nouveau-pci-0100
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1: +38.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +110.0°C)
    Code:
    ${hwmon 3 temp 1}
    So in a test conky try this:

Code:
    the normal conky stuff above TEXT
    TEXT
    hwmon 0
    Core 0: ${hwmon 0 Core 0}
    Core 1: ${hwmon 0 Core 2}

hwmon 1
     Fan 2: ${hwmon 1 fan 2}
     Fan 3: ${hwmon 1 fan 3}
    Temp 1: ${hwmon 1 temp 1}
    Temp 2: ${hwmon 1 temp 2}
    Temp 3: ${hwmon 1 temp 3}

hwmon 3
    Temp 1: ${hwmon 3 temp 1}
    Re the Triumphs: My friend was a mechanic (military) and his job was to 'pick one' clean it up, and get it working so they could go to bid. They even had the leather box type saddle bags. We found out later they went for $150 (LOT: $900). I wanted to cry ... no we wanted to cry!
    Last edited by Sector11; May 11th, 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Beans

Crap ! I just realized I've been posting this in the weather section
    ooops !

Anyhow, those were the tickles I needed, I figured out what calling what. Works again except for my video card but until the Nvidia drivers get sorted out to where I can use them I'm not gonna worry about it.
    Think I will work on my weather and radar conkys tonight and get them straightened out.
    Thanks much guys

re Triumphs: Thats definitely a bummer, you just never know with auctions. I've missed a couple because I figured they'd go for much more than I could afford and afterwords I'd be kicking myself. I can't ride anymore cause my back is FUBAR, but it an early to mid 50's model would show up for the right price, I'd probably try it anyhow.

Beans
    Hidden!

@ FrankenCub

Thread is bacially dead anyway if you want the latest of Teo's scripts check my signature.

Yea, the bikes were a loss. Live and learn. I have not driven anything in 12 years and I'm at the age I don't think I'd trust my reflexes in a car let alone on a bike.

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122