Page 102 of 122 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1219

Thread: Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com

Beans

Re: Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com

Thanks for the update.
    Unfortunately this doesn't work correct all times. The data from accuweather display correct everytime for the first block(as appears on the picture you've attached), but not for the other parte(ΜΕΡΑ/ΝΥΧΤΑ, and the next days). On these the data appears like this:
    Code:
         ΜΕΡΑ                         ΝΥΧΤΑ

s°C                       s°C
                   (9°C)                     (5°C)

55%                        60%
    Πιθ. Ατμ Κατακρ: 5         Πιθ. ατμ. κατακρ:1   

5                  4              1

μερικές μπορες   μερικες μπορες  πιθανοτητα βροχης
        8°C              7°C                6°C
    As you(hopefully) can see, a lot of data displayed in wrong, as the Days, or the "s" on some celsius digrees. Sometimes, but very rear(happens to me 2 times only), the data displayed correct. But the most of the times is this mess. This never happens on english.

Here is first_days file contents:
    Code:
    ΣΗΜΕΡΑ
    s
    πιθανή εκδήλωση μπόρας

s
    μερικές μπόρες

s
    μερικές μπόρες

mc
    πιθανή εκδήλωση μπόρας

mcs
    πρόσκαιρη μπόρα

s
    55%
    πιθανή εκδήλωση μπόρας
    s
    60%
    μερικές μπόρες
    Last edited by dancer_69; January 28th, 2012 at 12:32 PM.

Beans

I made a few changes in the script early in the morning - about 5 hours ago.
    Have you tried with the latest version?
    Also, please post a tarball with your *_raw files.

EDIT: The link of your location as well.
    EDIT2: I think the mistake is in the line that tests whether the first line of the first_days file is "ΣΗΜΕΡΑ".
    Initially I had it testing for "Σήμερα", having forgotten that I capitalised everything a couple of lines before. The result was that it never found anything and the output file was messed up.
    I changed that in the morning - try it and post back.
    It works well here.
    Last edited by TeoBigusGeekus; January 28th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.

Beans

I updated the script, delete all cookies,messages,cur_cont, etc files and now appear again fine. Will see...

Beans

Now that I see it again, I think I'll make the wind for the current condition to appear in greek - what's SSW, NNE, etc.?
    Stay tuned, another update is coming.

EDIT: Done!
    Last edited by TeoBigusGeekus; January 28th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

Beans

UPDATE:
    Greek script for 1d1 added to the tarball.

Beans

Post Re: Conky weather scripts using Accuweather/WUnderground/NWS/Weather.com

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    I can help with 1 and 2. The other two are... Well... go to the big Conky Thread to ask them. More people are experienced with using that stuff than I am. I'm in an area that doesn't have a RADAR output, so I don't use it. I know not how it is done, I'm afraid.

1. Add this in your environment variables section (Above the TEXT area.)

Code:
    max_specials 2048
    That will end the "Special Things" problem. The Default, when not mentioned, is 512. There's a whole lot of special calls (texeci/execi/etc.) in most Conky setups these days.

Now that I think of it, mentioning the texeci thing. Add it just above the weather. In the TEXT area. Keep it close. It doesn't output anything, it just runs the script fresh when Conky starts or refreshes. The 1800 is, indeed, the time in seconds when it will next execute the script. Every execi and texeci command has a timer. That's what the i is. INTERVAL. The t on the texeci means THREADED. As in, it runs this as a background process, separate from Conky itself. The other calls using sed will be the output, so don't be concerned with anything other than their positioning and formatting.

2. Take the hash/number sign out of your colours in the color object. (Yes. I know I spelled Colour with a U, and then called it a COLOR object. I'm Canadian, I spell Colour with a U. Conky, on the other hand, is American, for all intents and purposes, and they named their object a COLOR Object. So, it's a proper name, and the syntax you should use.)

Conky doesn't need the hash sign in the colours. That solves the problem outright.

If you have general questions about Conky itself, ask in the big Conky Thread. Not that you're not welcome to ask them here, just, there's much more data there, and you will increase the likelihood of getting the answer you need if you cast a wider net, as the metaphor goes.
    Thanks a lot, first point is solved. As the 'texeci' problem.
    And I will ask to the general thread for the other points.
    And thank you for your explanations ; it's something that is frquently missing...
    Anyway. For the radar ; it's only a simple image that is shown and updated on a webpage. But I'll check that out in the Conky thread.
    See you.
    Last edited by Swiss_Knight; January 29th, 2012 at 10:17 PM.

Beans

If you don't mind about the graphics and just want the information, here's a 10-day forecast easy-to-install solution (requires text-based web browser 'lynx').

Simply add this line to your conkyrc file: ${execi 3600000 lynx -dump "http://www.weather.com/weather/print/ARBA0009" | sed -n '/%$/s/\[.*\]//p'}

REMEMBER to replace "ARBA0009" to your own zip code

cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

That rectangle in conky weahter font is simply shown too offten.. every day I have one, and i just have it... Too many weather conditions do not have it's font letter

my config, nothing wrong in it, right?

Code:
    ${goto 15}${voffset 38}${font Ubuntu:size=9}${color #D93636}WEATHER${color}${alignr 4}.........................................${font}
    ${execi 600 bash /home/dalibor/.accuweather_conky/accuw_script}
    ${voffset 0}${font conkyweather:size=46}${execi 600  sed -n '2p' ~/.accuweather_conky/curr_cond}${font}${goto 105}${voffset -46}${font Ubuntu:size=20}${execpi 600 sed -n '4p' /home/dalibor/.accuweather_conky/curr_cond}${font}°c
    ${voffset 10}${goto 105}${font Ubuntu:size=10}${execpi 600 sed -n '3p' /home/dalibor/.accuweather_conky/curr_cond|fold -w30}${font}
    ${voffset 6}${font Ubuntu:size=9}${alignr 4}...........................................................${font}
    ${goto 20}${voffset 6}${font conkyweather:size=32}${color #A2A2A2}${execi 600  sed -n '2p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton}${color}${font}${goto 73}${voffset -28}${execpi 600 sed -n '1p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton}
    ${voffset 3}${goto 73}${execpi 600 sed -n '3p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton|fold -w30}
    ${voffset 6}${goto 73}High: ${voffset -5}${font Ubuntu:size=12}${execpi 600 sed -n '4p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton}${font}°c${alignr 10}Low: ${voffset -5}${font Ubuntu:size=12}${execpi 600 sed -n '5p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton}${font}°c
    ${voffset 6}${font Ubuntu:size=9}${alignr 4}...........................................................${font}
    ${goto 20}${voffset 6}${font conkyweather:size=32}${color #A2A2A2}${execi 600  sed -n '7p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton}${color}${font}${goto 73}${voffset -28}${execpi 600 sed -n '6p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton}
    ${voffset 3}${goto 73}${execpi 600 sed -n '8p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton|fold -w30}
    ${voffset 6}${goto 73}High: ${voffset -5}${font Ubuntu:size=12}${execpi 600 sed -n '9p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton}${font}°c${alignr 10}Low: ${voffset -5}${font Ubuntu:size=12}${execpi 600 sed -n '10p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton}${font}°c
    ${goto 20}${voffset 6}${font conkyweather:size=32}${color #A2A2A2}${execi 600  sed -n '12p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton}${color}${font}${goto 73}${voffset -28}${execpi 600 sed -n '11p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton}
    ${voffset 3}${goto 73}${execpi 600 sed -n '13p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton|fold -w30}
    ${voffset 6}${goto 73}High: ${voffset -5}${font Ubuntu:size=12}${execpi 600 sed -n '14p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton}${font}°c${alignr 10}Low: ${voffset -5}${font Ubuntu:size=12}${execpi 600 sed -n '15p' ~/.accuweather_conky/tod_ton}${font}°c

Beans

Use my conkyweather font. It's different from the others in that I've added a thermometer symbol to it.
    I use it in the scripts to display very cold weather.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: HOW TO: Conky weather info using Accuweather RSS

Replaced with your font, how it's better, thanks

Page 102 of 122 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast