Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Human Verify?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Beans
    55
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Human Verify?

    Hi Guys,

    I'm building a couple of sites at the moment and would love to incorporate the simple Turing Test logic questions you have on this forum for the contact form etc to stop spammers.

    Can you point me in the direction of the source code? I'm needing it in php/mysql.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Beans
    55
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: Human Verify?

    No worries, I've just seen it's a vBulletin plugin...damn.

    Anyone know of any php open source alternatives?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    De Kwakel - Holland
    Beans
    3,657

    Re: Human Verify?

    Quote Originally Posted by andyrue304 View Post
    No worries, I've just seen it's a vBulletin plugin...damn.

    Anyone know of any php open source alternatives?
    phpBB has a lot of options..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Beans
    55
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: Human Verify?

    Quote Originally Posted by kellemes View Post
    Thanks kellemes, I'll take a look into them.

    Isn't phpBB forum software, though?

    If so, that's not really what I'm after but more specifically a code chunk which can create these questions for use on comment forms, contact forms etc to avoid the webmaster getting any spam. Kind of like Captcha, but with questions, not distorted images.

  5. #5
    -grubby is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Human Verify?

    Quote Originally Posted by kellemes View Post
    PhpBB is not an alternative to vBulletin. Period.

    @andyrue304: If you can use the vBulletin plugin, do it. If it works I don't see the problem. If you can't use it then why not learn how to write vBulletin plugins and write an open source one?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Beans
    55
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: Human Verify?

    Quote Originally Posted by nathangrubb View Post
    If you can use the vBulletin plugin, do it. If it works I don't see the problem. If you can't use it then why not learn how to write vBulletin plugins and write an open source one?
    I can't use a vBulletin plugin 'cause the sites aren't using vBulletin

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    *eating something*
    Beans
    704
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: Human Verify?

    Quote Originally Posted by andyrue304 View Post
    Thanks kellemes, I'll take a look into them.

    Isn't phpBB forum software, though?

    If so, that's not really what I'm after but more specifically a code chunk which can create these questions for use on comment forms, contact forms etc to avoid the webmaster getting any spam. Kind of like Captcha, but with questions, not distorted images.
    There should be some useful code chunks in the mod packages for phpbb that may help you. kellemes pointed you in the right direction, and I think it would be worth a look.
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

    Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •