Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer Wont Boot :(

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Exclamation Computer Wont Boot :(

I have ubuntu 9.04 on my other machine and it is no longer booting. I tried to hiberante it and it immediately turned back on. after booting back up I then turned the computer off. However it will no longer boot, even using safe mode. It gets stuck on this line

[ 5.963935] usb 5-1:configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

and never moves from this position. Is there some hibernation file that it is hanging on.

thanks
    If you have any questions just send me a private message and a link back to the thread
    My Guides: sendEmail | Windows Shares

Beans

Re: Computer Wont Boot :(

When you say won't boot, you mean, it won't load Ubuntu?
    Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.06GHz [3.46+ O.C.] 1GiB INTEL HDA; 4GiB DDR3 1333MHz [1500+ O.C.] ON Intel DH55HC
    -- POWERED BY: ARCHLINUX

Beans
    Distro

Re: Computer Wont load ubuntu :(

yes
    If you have any questions just send me a private message and a link back to the thread

Beans
    Distro

I really need to boot this computer b/c i have 2 other computers backed up on its hard drive which was shared on my local network. please help.

Beans
    Distro

tried doing this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=317038 which makes you unplug the computer. now the computer says ...

trying to resume from ....
    no resume image, doing normal boot

then it failed to the hibernate image
    failed to mount /dev
    failed to mount /sys
    failed to mount /proc
    target file system doesn't have /sbin/init

then busybox and it stays here forever

Beans

Re: Computer Wont load ubuntu :(

err...would it be possible to check if your drives are being detected? It could be possible for the PC to get confused or something coz of a bug in hibernation mode and a driver issue with Jaunty and your pc. Then again, I haven't really encountered errors as this...

EDIT: What if you boot your pc with the LiveCD? Is it possible to mount your drive then??
    PS: When you say you've backed up, you mean you've just kept copies of files on this hdd for backup purposes and you mean to say you don't wanna loose em? Umm...If there IS a problem, you can always store that data someplace else if needed thanks to the LiveCD. I've come up with similar breaks . Baad ones...or let's say, "scarier"
    Last edited by b@sh_n3rd; May 11th, 2009 at 05:55 AM.
    Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.06GHz [3.46+ O.C.] 1GiB INTEL HDA; 4GiB DDR3 1333MHz [1500+ O.C.] ON Intel DH55HC