Thread: May 10, 2009 Request

Beans

May 10, 2009 Request

I just installed UBUNTU Studio 9.04 on a new computer. Windows XP Pro is on one drive and UBUNTU on another. When I try to boot to UBUNTU it says boot disc 1, then a bunch of numbers go past. The last part starts [ 0.539000] Call Trace and ends [ 0.539000] ---[ end trace 4eaa2a86a8e2da22].

The computer has
    AMD Phenom II x4 2.6 GHz CPU
    Asus M4A78T-E motherboard
    G. Skill 4 Gig DDR3 memory
    W/D 5001AALS HD (Windows)
    Maxtor 6B300S0 HD
    Maxtor 6Y120M0 HD (UBUNTU)

I have the 120 Gig Maxtor on SATA 3 but it is second in the boot order. I am using Grub loader and it seems to work fine.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: May 10, 2009 Request

Your information is pretty sketchy, does Ubuntu actually boot to a desktop, or just to a copmmand prompt?

Can you start in recovery mode, and then at the menu continue on to your desktop?

Your topic title is not very descriptive, when asking a question use something descriptive like:

I just installed Ubuntu Studio and now it won't boot or Boot problems, fresh inatallation

Beans

Re: May 10, 2009 Request

Thanks for the advice on posting. I did not understand the header and once it was sent I could not change it.

Now to the problem. Ubuntu does not get to the login screen. A little more than one screen of information on what is loading goes past. The screen ends with [ 0.532000] ---[ end trace 4eaa2a86ae2da22 ]--- the next line is a flashing curser.