Thread: Shared folders in Virtualbox having 0.0 space

Beans

Angry Shared folders in Virtualbox having 0.0 space

Host system is Ubuntu 9.04. I installed virtualbox and then installed WinXP SP2 on a 5 gig partition. I created a folder on my desktop, shared it, gave full permissions, loaded Virtualbox and then XP. I went to networkplaces and they showed up just fine. I mapped the folder as the X:\ drive and then I wanted to install an application to this folder and it registerd as having 00000.0 space available. Then I tried to click and drag a simple txt document from teh desktop of XP into the mapped drive and it said that it was either write proteced or unavailable.

I have spent the last three days or so looking on the forums and most peopel seem to have issues getting XP in VB to see any shared folders. This is not the case. I just simply don't seem to have any access to the shared/mapped folders.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time and any replies I get.

Beans

Re: Shared folders in Virtualbox having 0.0 space

strange i followed this tutorial and i had no problems at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75FeK...B12D9&index=18

Beans

Re: Shared folders in Virtualbox having 0.0 space

Thanks for the reply.

I looked at the video and was able to install guest additions just fine, then I played with my permissions so now I can move files into the folder in VB. But I just noticed on my 5 gig partition that I have for XP on Virtualbox, it says only 900 megs are free.

I might have to wipe clean the partition and try to reinstall windows xp.

I will note my progress here in hopes someone else will find it useful. I'm trying to get it so I can play windows games on my Ubuntu machine.