Thread: !!Sound!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Exclamation !!Sound!!!!

iv got a problem..i cant hear any sort of sounds aftr i started ubuntu today(startup sound, music,movies nothing works)all i hear is a crackling sound when i shud be hearing sum other sound or music..i installed that pulse audo thing yesterday as described here--http://www.ubuntugeek.com/sound-solu...nty-users.html
    but when ubuntu booted up today all i could hear was the crackling sound..as directed in the above link i had tested evrything and there was no problem with the sound.
    sumone help
    Indyeah!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Unhappy Re: !!Sound!!!!

bump.sumone help pleasE?
    Indyeah!

Beans

Re: !!Sound!!!!

hmm...I'm not really sure about PulseAudio...never liked the stupid thing coz it never worked and just cluttered up me PC with these weird applets . Anyway...check if "audio devices" is checked in user previledges under "Users and Groups". This is a headache..each time I install Ubuntu I've gotta check that.....anyway...after that try "alsamixer" in a terminal. If it works then sound oughta work. The crackling thing sounds familiar though. Something like that happens when I login on this PC but it doesn't last long. It just takes place where the boot up sound should come and stops.

PS: Some dude told me on a different thread of mine to avoid bumping ma thread after 4hrs...now how could you wait patiently when you're impatient for an answer huh?? .
    Last edited by b@sh_n3rd; May 9th, 2009 at 06:56 AM.
    Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.06GHz [3.46+ O.C.] 1GiB INTEL HDA; 4GiB DDR3 1333MHz [1500+ O.C.] ON Intel DH55HC