Thread: Another locked up Evolution

Beans

Another locked up Evolution

I've recently upgraded to 9.04, but now my Evolution calendar is broken.

I was trying to convert a recurring appointment into a single occurrence when it locked up.

Now, everything else in Evolution (mail, tasks, contacts) seems to be working, but just pressing the Calendar button causes a problem. First, the button stays pressed, then after a moment, the Calender comes up with the entries blank and with nothing working- can't scroll, get any buttons to work, nothing.

The only thing I can do if right click on the task bar and select force quit, which closes Evolution.

What can I do? Is there some way to uninstall calendar and reinstall? i don't care is I lose entries so long as I get it working.

I also have been trying to use multisync gui to sync with my Nokia N95 and bluetooth without success. Could this be a problem?

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Another locked up Evolution

Try to do update of the evolution or backup the mail folders in separate folder and try to uninstall and install again.
    or Use thunderbird separate calander application. it will work fine.
    where there is a will there is a way.Acer 5530,AMD64 bit,4GB,HDD-320GB,Graphics-ATI HD3200,Screen-15.4,DVD +-RW DL,webcam:Built-in,OS:Windows 7, Ubuntu 11.10 Weight:-2,9 kg(too Heavy )LOOSUPAYA twitterFollow me

Beans

Re: Another locked up Evolution [solved]

Thanks! I went through .evolution folder and deleted everything that seemed to relate to Calendar, uninstalled / reinstalled Evolution, and it's working! Lost all entries though.

Quote Originally Posted by ITT1 View Post
    I've recently upgraded to 9.04, but now my Evolution calendar is broken.

I was trying to convert a recurring appointment into a single occurrence when it locked up.

Now, everything else in Evolution (mail, tasks, contacts) seems to be working, but just pressing the Calendar button causes a problem. First, the button stays pressed, then after a moment, the Calender comes up with the entries blank and with nothing working- can't scroll, get any buttons to work, nothing.

The only thing I can do if right click on the task bar and select force quit, which closes Evolution.

What can I do? Is there some way to uninstall calendar and reinstall? i don't care is I lose entries so long as I get it working.

I also have been trying to use multisync gui to sync with my Nokia N95 and bluetooth without success. Could this be a problem?

Thanks in advance

Beans

It is a confirmed bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...on/+bug/372503

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...on/+bug/362318

Unfortunately I've lost all my calendar data as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hi,
    I upgraded from 8.10 to 9.04 about two weeks ago and everything worked fine
    until today when the command in evolution "get and send" was mute. I had to fetch my mails with Thunderbird on Windows Professional.
    What to do? Thanks in advance

Einar Schlereth

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I solved the problem myself.

Einar Schlereth

Beans

How? Evolution immediately crashes, without any log being written, whenever I click either the Calendar or Tasks button. It has been that way for a long time, and I've tried everything I can think of. I've completely removed Evolution, including all the files in /home I can find, with no result. The calendar and tasks functions are completely broken.