Thread: How can I reinstall my wireless driver ?

Beans

How can I reinstall my wireless driver ?

I am using ubuntu 9.04 on stationary computer, after installation my wireless worked very fine until few days ago.
    now when iwconfig the outpu.
    lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

ra0 RT2870 Wireless ESSID:"" Nickname:"RT2870STA"
    Mode:Auto Frequency=2.462 GHz Access Point: 00:90:4C:7E:00:6E
    Bit Rate=1 Mb/s
    RTS thrff Fragment thrff
    Link Quality=100/100 Signal level:-29 dBm Noise level:-97 dBm
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

virbr0 no wireless extensions.

pan0 no wireless extensions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: How can I reinstall my wireless driver ?

my wireless worked very fine until few days ago.
    I am afraid you have not given us enough information to work with. Your iwconfig looks fine, except you are not associated with any access point.

When you click the Network Manager icon to connect, does your wireless interface show up? Do you see your network? Does it try and fail to connect? Does it connect and then drop? Or does it connect and the surfing is very slow?
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    I am afraid you have not given us enough information to work with. Your iwconfig looks fine, except you are not associated with any access point.

When you click the Network Manager icon to connect, does your wireless interface show up? Do you see your network? Does it try and fail to connect? Does it connect and then drop? Or does it connect and the surfing is very slow?
    A:You say that "except you are not associated with any access point." How do I do that ?
    B: does your wireless interface show up?- Yes and it has my NetGear name on it.
    Co you see your network? nop before it was on the panel it has desapeared from their.
    D: Does it connect and then drop? no ,it used to but not anymore.

Beans
    Distro

does your wireless interface show up?- Yes and it has my NetGear name on it.
    Isn't NetGear the name of you router? When you see it in the Network Manager icon, can't you click on it and connect? Where are you seeing 'NetGear?' Isn't it in the Network Manager icon, after you click it?
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans

Isn't NetGear the name of you router? When you see it in the Network Manager icon, can't you click on it and connect? Where are you seeing 'NetGear?' Isn't it in the Network Manager icon, after you click it?
    This is where I se NetGear, before it was visible on my menu panel,there was a menu like I could click on to se if Netgear was connect, then I could select NetGear to connect as they are other wireless round me.
    but this menu/buton has been deleted, it is not there anymore

A:System/Network connections/wireless--here I can se auto NetGear 13 days ago

Beans

When I install ubuntu on the top-right corenr of my screen there was an icon that showed Network connection, that icon has desapeare, not there anymore, on that icon i could click to se if NeteGear was connected or I had a wired connection.

Beans
    Distro

Please right click on the panel, hit add to panel, and then select network monitor. Or, if that doesn't work, press Alt-F2 and type:
    Code:
    nm-applet --sm-disable
    Are we back in business?

Beans

Please right click on the panel, hit add to panel, and then select network monitor. Or, if that doesn't work, press Alt-F2 and type:
    Code:
    nm-applet --sm-disable
    Are we back in business?
    Tks a lots my wireless is working now, in fact i am answering this mail using it,I have also got the network monitor icon on the menu panel.
    but this is not what I had when I install ubuntu from scratch.
    It was an icon when I click on I could se a wired and other wireless round me then I could select mine to connect.
    But I am very please that my wireless is working very fine that is the most importent to me.