Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth A2DP / Ubuntu 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Question Bluetooth A2DP / Ubuntu 9.04

I am having a very hard time getting A2DP bluetooth headphones to work under Ubuntu 9.04.

I've followed multiple guides, and I have had zero success in getting my headphones working.

I have all the bluez-* packages installed, including bluez-alsa.

I've attempted the "toggle.sh" method. Failed attempt.

I actually managed to lose my regular sound this morning.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    UNFORGiVEN512

Edit: Oh, hey, this is my first post. Hello everyone!

-- I made my account a couple years ago, didn't realize I never posted.
    Last edited by unforgiven512; May 7th, 2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: First Post

Beans

Re: Bluetooth A2DP / Ubuntu 9.04

New also, and having similar issues.
    Problem is I'm too new and even having trouble installing/compiling the bluetooth-alsa, really don't get the instructions on this page(link below), any help for me to reach the step above will be much appreciated

http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/build.html

Other people have managed to get the bluetooth-alsa package working by following the linux-savy instructions on that page, so it may work for you unforgiven?

Beans
    Distro

a2dp is working perfectly for me. This is what i did:
    - upgraded pulseaudio to the newest version from this ppa https://launchpad.net/~themuso/+archive/ppa
    - installed blueman instead of bluez-gnome https://launchpad.net/~blueman/+archive/ppa

I don't have to use any scripts and that sort of nonsense, I simply connect to my hifi with blueman and then in pulse audio volume control(sudo apt-get install pavucontrol) choose which audio stream should be played back through a2dp.
    Last edited by Mikebo; May 11th, 2009 at 10:01 AM.

Beans

Hey Mikebo, thanks for that, i'm installing some other stuff, but i've added the sources.list entries and will let you know how i get on

EDIT:
    I've installed the new version of pulseaudio and blueman, and run the line sudo apt-get.. Lappy will now connect to stereo, but when i change sound preferences to pulseaudio sound server (for music and movies) test returns nothing. Also, there is no option to change master to pulseaudio, only HDA Intel and an OSS Mixer.

Neither pulseaudio device chooser or volume control work -both just sit in bottom panel "Starting.."

Thanks for helping me make it connect! Thats one step, just need to configure it now, and chance on some help with that plz??
    Last edited by iddy; May 11th, 2009 at 11:30 AM.

Beans
    Distro

See, the problem is not getting it bonded. I have it bonded with my PC.

Also, I do not use PulseAudio (I am using xubuntu), so therefore I am using ALSA.

I still can not manage to send audio to the headphones rather than the internal speakers.

I installed blueman and I attempted using that. I clicked "Connect A2DP Service", it reported to be connected, no luck.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I might reinstall back to ubuntu or possibly kubuntu. I'm getting really frustrated with xubuntu, it seems poorly integrated.
    Last edited by unforgiven512; May 12th, 2009 at 01:43 AM.

Beans

Hmm, i read that in order to get it too work with alsa (here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=75677) you need the bluetooth-alsa not the bluez-alsa thing.. probly worth a moment of your time to read that page..
    Because the pulseaudio doesn't work too happily, i might try getting the alsa to work too..
    That link i posted earlier (http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/build.html) would someone mind taking a look at it, then letting me know exactly how to download and build, or at least fill in the gaps for me so I can test out these alsa ones..

Beans
    Distro

Ok, mikebo, I followed your instructions (I am back on regular ubuntu)

I have had no success.

My headphones will not show up as an audio device for pulseaudio or alsa.

Not sure why.

I even enabled the pulseaudio plugin in blueman.

Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro

I really don't know why it isn't working for you guys. I've attached screenshots of synaptic with all bluetooth and pulseaudio packages that i have installed on my system, take a look, maybe there is something you're missing.

Here is a good guide on how to get a2dp working with pulseaudio, although you shouldn't have to create that .asoundrc file, blueman is supposed to take care of it for you.

Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

I've finally got it working.

I installed package "pulseaudio-plugin-bluetooth" as well as "python-bluez". I believe the former is more important.

Now just to figure out how to get pause/play, track advance/back to work...

Beans

What if I can't install pulseaudio-plugin-bluetooth because I get this error:

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/pulseaudio-module-bluetooth_1%3a0.9.15-1ubuntu2~ppa1_i386.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/pulseaudio/pulse/proximity-helper', which is also in package pulseaudio
    EDIT: NM, Solved that.

I have all of the packages installed, my headphones are connected via bluetooth and I am successfully using pulseaudio through my laptop's speakers, however in Pulse Audio Volume Control I see no A2dp device anywhere.

Using the guide Mikebo posted, I tried running this line:

pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device="bluetooth"
    But got this in response:

Failure: Module initalization failed
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by Surfrock66; May 15th, 2009 at 05:05 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast