Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gvfsd process - Memory leakage?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: gvfsd process - Memory leakage?

Quote Originally Posted by Exüberance View Post
    Take all disks out of your CD/DVD drives. That fixes it for me. (You don't get your memory back, but it stops increasing)

Apparently gvfsd has a rather embarassing bug which causes it to leak memory forever if you have a CD in your CD drive. I'm amazed this hasn't been fixed yet. Almost as bad as Windows updates lol
    This worked for me as well.

I found that this problem happens with the version of gvfsd that you have to install to use iPod Touch or iPhone with Ubuntu.
    --
    Ubuntu 10.10 |
    AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz C3 | http://foxcub.net/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Same problem for me, really embarrassing when I plug in my iPod Touch. Unplug it as say before and kill the buggy gvfsd.

Any idea if this issue will be solved with Lucid ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quite funny - just experienced it too on openSuse. I had running Windows XP in VirtualBox and iPod Touch plugged in.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I had the same problem using Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid), I just wanted to add that I wasn't running Windows XP on virtual box but simply had my Sansa Clip plugged in. I also found that I couldn't close system monitor except by force quit.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Using 10.04 LTS and just happened to me. Funny thing is I never noticed it until today, which just so happens to be my first time using the Gnome System Monitor. I've had a CD in the DVD-RW drive for a month with no problems until now. Coincidence?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by lite1979 View Post
    Using 10.04 LTS and just happened to me. Funny thing is I never noticed it until today, which just so happens to be my first time using the Gnome System Monitor. I've had a CD in the DVD-RW drive for a month with no problems until now. Coincidence?
    I always have a CD in my disc drive (my hardware's screwy, if I don't have one in there, the drive fails to open -takes about 50 attempts to get it open)
    Suddenly gvfsd-photo2 ate 920MB of RAM for no reason whatsoever. I'm also running 10.04. I only noticed the huge leak because I monitor RAM, CPU & internet activity.
    Far as I know, this is the only time it's happened.
    'And all we ever were, just zeros and ones'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12