Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multimedia keys don't work with rhythmbox in jaunty jackalope

Beans

Re: Multimedia keys don't work with rhythmbox in jaunty jackalope

I just installed the LIRC plugin for rhytmbox. It is for IR remote control. Now my play, pause, stop, next, prev keys all work. Still looking for a fix for volume keys but its a start.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Multimedia keys don't work with rhythmbox in jaunty jackalope

I know this has been dead for a while but i'm having a similar problem,
    All of my multimedia buttons work just fine, the problem is when i have rhythmbox open and maximized and i use my volume+/- buttons it lags like a snail race and freezes then it goes up or down and displays the one at the top and also displays one at the bottom that i hadn't seen it until i started using Rhythmbox but all the second one does is displays the exact same thing as the one at the top for my desktop volume, it doesn't show up when its minimized or in the notification area, how do i shut the second one off?

my laptop is
    Acer Aspire 5810tz Timeline
    Ubuntu 10.04 Gnome/Black Xp Dual partitioned
    Intel Pentium 1.3 Ghz 64Mb Vram

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Lightbulb Re: Multimedia keys don't work with rhythmbox in jaunty jackalope

I've just fixed the same problem on Maverick Meerkat. The cause was that system is configured for "minimal" footprint by setting APT::Install-Recommends to "false" in /etc/apt/apt.conf. The solution was simple:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install rhytmbox-plugins
    @firesock:
    Could you check if this helps you and update the title to [SOLVED], if it is?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12