Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: HowTo: Encode Video for iPod Video

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: HowTo: Encode Video for iPod Video

Hrm. You can try playing with the -async flag by adding -async 10 or if you just want to set the first timestamp correctly, -async 1. Let me know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i did a test on the first 10000 frames with the -async 1 option and it looks (or sounds) ok now

i'm gonna try the full film.

thanks endersshadow
    Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? -- Douglas Adams

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

ok, full film was fine with -async 1 option too.

i did notice something strange with gtkpod or the ipod tho :

after my successful encoding i erased the out of sync copy i had on my ipod and copied the good copy from my computer using gtkpod. i try the newly transfered copy on my ipod and it was out of sync.

so i removed the copy on my ipod again, renamed the good copy on my comp and transfered again using gtkpod and then it was fine.

is there some kind of caching system in gtkpod or the ipod ? is it a bug ?

anyway it's nothing critical. my movies are all great now. i'm just curious
    Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? -- Douglas Adams

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Well, you do have to commit to the iPod with gtkpod, since it caches everything and saves the write until you hit the "Write to iPod" button. That way, it's much faster. That's the only thing I can think of.

Glad to hear you got it working!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by endersshadow View Post
    Well, you do have to commit to the iPod with gtkpod, since it caches everything and saves the write until you hit the "Write to iPod" button.
    ooh that must be it. i didn't save the changes after removing the old version so it must have cancelled the removal when i added a new copy with the same name.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Lightbulb Re: HowTo: Encode Video for iPod Video

For all you people who are trying to easily encode videos to use on iPod Video : I'm developping a GUI to mplayer, mencoder and mp4creator to do just that. It's currently in alpha version but it's usable. Check http://sive.sourceforge.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLights View Post
    For all you people who are trying to easily encode videos to use on iPod Video : I'm developping a GUI to mplayer, mencoder and mp4creator to do just that. It's currently in alpha version but it's usable. Check http://sive.sourceforge.net
    Best of luck to you. Looks promising. My suggestion would be not to name it Simple iPod Video Encoder if you want to add other functionality to it later, as a more generic mencoder frontend. Just a thought...at any rate, good luck.

Oh, and Sourceforge's shell is down so I can't upload a web page, but at any rate, I released Vive 2.0.0-beta1 today. All the beta1 means is that I've got a bit of code cleanup to do, especially w/r/t slight memory leaks that really don't effect things too much, but drive me crazy, so I'll fix them. You can download it at the Vive Project Page. Feel free to give me feedback either here or at endersshadow AT users DOT sourceforge DOT net. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Thanks for the comments

Did you include subtitles support in your new version ? I tried VIVE before, but could not find this functionality ; that contributed to give me the idea of SIVE.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Not in the beta. I'm putting them in for the actual release, though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by etola View Post
    ok, forget about that. I hacked the code a little bit and now it compiles...
    etola: I came across the same problem, but I'm not sure what modifications to make to the code to fix it. Can you explain what you did please?

Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast