Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: HowTo: Encode Video for iPod Video

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: HowTo: Encode Video for iPod Video

ok, whats the deal with the ffmpeg build dependencies? i saw another post about it and the guy installed libdts-dev, libtheora-dev, libgsm1-dev, libraw1394-dev so i sud apt-get installed them, and tried sudo apt-get build-dep ffmpeg again and get
    reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree...Done
    Note, selecting liba52-0.7.4-dev instead of liba52-dev
    E: Build-dependencies for ffmpeg could not be satisfied

whats that mean?

Nobody's Home

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Guess ill be normal and post in here, I feel bad for bothering Mr. Ender so much. I was finally able to get Vive working and encoding properly, im sure that in my haste i missed some key steps initially. However, while befuddling around i had installed ipodvidenc probably twice or so, and support files with it, and im wondering how can I find out how to uninstall it? I go to cd vive-0.2 try uninstall and it says directoiry does not exist? but i know it does, because I can run ipodvidenc through my menu... can someone please help me clean up my system from the mistakes i made, thanks in advance.

Nobody's Home

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by x5452
    Guess ill be normal and post in here, I feel bad for bothering Mr. Ender so much. I was finally able to get Vive working and encoding properly, im sure that in my haste i missed some key steps initially. However, while befuddling around i had installed ipodvidenc probably twice or so, and support files with it, and im wondering how can I find out how to uninstall it? I go to cd vive-0.2 try uninstall and it says directoiry does not exist? but i know it does, because I can run ipodvidenc through my menu... can someone please help me clean up my system from the mistakes i made, thanks in advance.
    Do you want to uninstall Vive or ipodvidenc? If you want to uninstall ipodvidenc, simply do this:

Code:
    sudo rm -f /usr/bin/ipodvidenc
    sudo rm -rf /home/YOUR_USERNAME/.ipodvidenc/
    Done

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

lol, i knew i must have messed something up when trying to install and get everything going. nothing happens when i type those codes in

Nobody's Home

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

lol, i knew i must have messed something up when trying to install and get everything going. nothing happens when i type those codes in
    That means they worked

Fun fact about Linux: It usually assumes that you're not an idiot, so it doesn't congradulate you when you do something right. Instead, it only yells at you once you've done something wrong.

Your system is good to go

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

crap sorry, i should have clarified myself, all the program is stillthere, still in menu, still folders in home ect.

Nobody's Home

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

crap sorry, i should have clarified myself, all the program is stillthere, still in menu, still folders in home ect.
    Oh, right...my fault...do you want to uninstall Vive or ipodvidenc? Knowing what you did, you don't have any bloat on your system as far as Vive installation is concerned (stuff overwrites itself...Linux is good about that). As per the ipodvidenc menu, my fault for not doing it:

Code:
    sudo rm /usr/share/pixmaps/ipodvidenc.xpm
    sudo rm /usr/share/applications/ipodvidenc.desktop
    killall gnome-panel
    You can also cd to your home folder and run:

Code:
    rm -rf ipodvidenc*
    And if you want to remove the Vive source, just do this:

Code:
    rm -rf vive*
    Should be all set

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

ok thanks ill give that a go, no I dont want vive gone, its awsome now that you helped me set it up here, lol. I just want to clean this system up as much as i can before i give it back to the owner, (all this and its not even mine, I dont even have an IPOD!) lol thanks

Nobody's Home

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Glad I could help out

Would a "Beginner's Guide to the iPod and MP3 Players" be helpful, or is the information out there already and it would just be redundant?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

i think it would be very helpful to have all the info "consolidated" there is a lot of info, but I must have bookmared 15 different pages when going through stuff and its easy to get lost, so I think its a good idea.

(while your here), lol, what the hell is nautilus and whys it eat my memory like candy

Nobody's Home

Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast