Thread: Seamless Virtualization (community doc) for VirtualBox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Seamless Virtualization (community doc) for VirtualBox

Here's the tutorial I found:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Se...Virtualization

I have VirtualBox, so do I just follow these instructions, but change Qemu to Vbox or is there a VBox specific tutorial?

Also, will doing this allow programs in VBox to be able to run at the same speed, CPU, etc. as Ubuntu/Host OS
    Toshiba Satellite A200 (PSA-F3A) - 1GB RAM - 2x 1.73 Ghz processor - 160GB hard drive - Realtek HD ALC268 sound card

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Seamless Virtualization (community doc) for VirtualBox

http://www.linuxr.com/2007/11/instal...ualbox-in.html. See point# 14 on how to enable seamless mode in virtualbox.

You guest OS's performance will definitely not be the same as the real OS's, but closer. It also varies depending on how much RAM you have in host, and how much you allocate to your guest. There is no definite way to say how performing your guest will be. You should try it out yourself.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Seamless Virtualization (community doc) for VirtualBox

I know how to do it that way (it was point# 13 by the way), but it doesn't work properly for some reason (I've tried everything, so don't bother trying to fix it), so I went looking for another way to do it & found the tutorial. So, I need to know if the instructions in that tutorial are the same for VirtualBox, if not, what are the instructions?
    Toshiba Satellite A200 (PSA-F3A) - 1GB RAM - 2x 1.73 Ghz processor - 160GB hard drive - Realtek HD ALC268 sound card