• other

142 22.87%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: which email client do u use?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: which email client do u use?

Out of the blue I decided to give evolution a try since I didn't have any major problems installing the new version of Ubuntu and wanted to try something new. I have to say that I was pleasantly shocked. It is a nice program. I use outlook at work and it is comparable. I have only set up one of my accounts on it so far, but it works without any problems. I have used thunderbird in the past and liked it, but evolution is a bit cleaner

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I use balsa.
    It is a good choice if you want send/receive emails.
    It is very fast and clean to use.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I use kmail and kontact.
    Don't Panic!
    Practice safe text. Never run a command unless you know exactly what it is going to do.
    Ubuntu User #1132
    Linux User #417929

Beans

I use the Novell Groupwise e-mail client at work, but at home I just use gmail.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by neoflight View Post
    i was wondering what email client to use. i have tried thunderbird and not that bad...what about you?
    I don't use them, I prefer the web based interface.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Mozilla/Thunderbird.

Trouble with web-based is it's slower as you have to wait for pages to load plus possible ads not to mention sign-in (unless you keep cookies in browser and not clear them).

Email clients which can be set to download the entire message is almost instant without ads. Easy backup of emails.
    encoderX.
    Ubuntu Newspaper (Updated Hourly)
    ➮ Reg'd Ubuntu User: #7514 - Reg'd Linux User 425949

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I don't see what's the big problem with not using a mail client and having multiple email addresses. I have a gmail account and two university accounts, but all of them go to gmail so I can use that to check everything. Google is a godsend for that one... And as far as notifications go, I just keep it minimized in a corner of the screen and the titlebar of the window changes when I get a new message - that's sufficient for me. Plus, Gtalk - no other mail client has that (as far as I know).

In any case, I'm trying evolution just to see if it really is useful with all its integration in Gnome. But as far as I'm concerned, for now it's just another program eating more memory.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Just switched over to Evolution properly. It's a bit humungous, but I like its features for sending messages, for example reminding me that I haven't attached files I said I would. Also does a nice job with PGP signatures, and I just got my mailing lists organized in it.

I also finally got Modest set up on my Nokia N810, and it's probably my favourite now.
    Really clean interface; I love how the message list doesn't put itself at the mercy of a list box layout. Sadly, it takes a horrible ammount of effort to get this going while still maintaining Gmail's nice "delete nothing" feel. Need lots of filters to make sure that smaller clients don't die after a while, yet keeping Evolution content with high-traffic lists as well... it would be nice if I could tell Modest to only receive messages from the day, then forget the local copies without deleting them from the server.

POP springs to mind, but has the problem that big messages consume all that local space even if I ignore them.
    Last edited by Mr. Picklesworth; June 14th, 2008 at 07:43 PM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516