Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help Installing Sprint Sierra Wireless USB EVDO Modem

Beans

Re: Need Help Installing Sprint Sierra Wireless USB EVDO Modem

Once again thank you George!!!

Now that I am connected i have 2 more small problems.

One - when i first get connected and open firefix, it defaults to offline mode, i have to go to file and uncheck offline mode every time i boot up

two - my speed is very slow. i took a speed test and it came to 15kbps slower than a regular dial up modem, even though this is supposed to be broadband. Im guessing it could just be i dont have good reception where I am? or is there a setting i can change?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Firefox Offline mode (copied from other thread):
    Quote Originally Posted by rmrfstar View Post
    To follow up (although no one will likely read this), I believe the correct way to disable offline mode in Firefox is:

1) Start Firefox
    2) In the address bar, type about:config
    3) Search for "offline"
    4) Toggle (double-click) browser.cache.offline.enable to "false"
    About speed: usually there is a led showing the connection (GPRS/3G/...). It is better to start a connection after the High Speed color.

What is the actual way you are connecting? Do you have any config file (as /etc/wvdial.conf)? If there is any Baud Rate make it 460800.

A final note: Upgrading to 8.10 you could haave the option of Network Manager 0.7 which works well. If you choose 9.04 (recent version) it is better to read other posts before you try because there are a lot of changes affecting 3G modems.

ALSO write down the number of this thread to come back in the future...

Regards,
    George

Beans

George, once again thanks for everything. You were amazing. I was getting ready to either sell this netbook or throw it out the window altogether! Thanks so much. take care and God bless you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12