Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: How-to: Install modem ZTE MF626 HSDPA in Jaunty

Beans

Re: How-to: Install modem ZTE MF626 HSDPA in Jaunty

Hi. I'm new to Ubuntu. Does this guide work on Maverick Meerkat, Ubuntu 10.10? Thank you.

Beans

Hi all

An update for anyone looking to get this working on 11.10

I am pretty reen with Ubuntu, and came here looking for a solution on getting my MF626 working

It turns out that the USB_Modeswitch is already installed and works automaticly with no configuration needed in 11.10

All you need to do is go into "network connections", and create a new Mobile boadband connection for your ISP, set it to connect automatically and it should work when you connect the boardband connection under "Network"

No need for any CLI to get this working any more

- note for newbies, "Network" and "Network Connections" are two different places, I didn't realise this, and when I wasn't able to create a new connection in "Network" I thought something must be wrong, but it turns out I was just looking in the wrong place.

Until you have set up the Mobile boadband under "Network Connections" the configure button will be greyed out in "Network" and it will not connect when you enable it.

This may seem obvious to some, but it too me a while to work it out, and would have saved me trawling through pages of advise that wasn't relevant any more, so thought I would add this post for any newbies like myself, hope it helps.

Thanks again to everyone who has posted in there, some good info

Cheers

Beans
    Hidden!

May this old thread rest in peace.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314