Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The XP emulation is a scam according to the Inquirer

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: The XP emulation is a scam according to the Inquirer

Quote Originally Posted by ddrichardson View Post
    Completely off topic and my Japanese is _very_ basic but why does it say "One Book" in your signature?
    It's not 'one book' it's more like an expression which I'm not sure how would translate to English, but basically it's like saying "strike" in baseball except not in baseball.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by LightB View Post
    It's not 'one book' it's more like an expression which I'm not sure how would translate to English, but basically it's like saying "strike" in baseball except not in baseball.
    Ah OK.
    (12:25:08 PM) sabdfl: if Linux is just another way to run Windows apps, we can't win
    (12:25:13 PM) sabdfl: OS/2 tried that

Blog | Dropbox

Beans

Inquirer = fail.

But it is not the story that is interesting, it is the response to the article on this forum.

Maybe you guys should hang out on the Microsoft forums, I think you would feel more at home.

http://bink.nu/ has a descent Windows 7 section. There you can gush to your heart's content.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by bakedbeans4life View Post
    Inquirer = fail.

But it is not the story that is interesting, it is the response to the article on this forum.

Maybe you guys should hang out on the Microsoft forums, I think you would feel more at home.

http://bink.nu/ has a descent Windows 7 section. There you can gush to your heart's content.
    "A) Which post is defending Windows? Attacking a poorly written and irrational criticism of Windows isn't the same thing as defending it.
    B) Many (most?) Linux users are also Windows users. There's nothing in the GPL that forces us to hold any particular opinion on any subject."

I think this is a really good quote from Paqman, which you should read. It was a reply to a post I made earlier, but it can apply here too.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped OuT View Post
    "A) Which post is defending Windows? Attacking a poorly written and irrational criticism of Windows isn't the same thing as defending it.
    B) Many (most?) Linux users are also Windows users. There's nothing in the GPL that forces us to hold any particular opinion on any subject."

I think this is a really good quote from Paqman, which you should read. It was a reply to a post I made earlier, but it can apply here too.
    I read both comments before I made my own, I always do. Although the fact you decided to respond in kind does reinforce my own conclusions, make of that what you will. We will agree to disagree.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Closed_Port View Post
    So, you stopped reading an article titled Xp mode in windows 7 is a scam, after the author wrote:
    IF YOU HAVEN'T been stuck in a cave lately, you will undoubtedly have heard that Windows Vista SP2.1, aka Windows 7, will have an 'XP mode'. Before you jump up and down for joy, you should know that it won't do what you think it will, it is a scam.
    basicly stating the thesis of the article again.

You didn't even bother to read the arguments the author made, you stopped after he had in effect repeated the headline.

And you call the other guy biased?
    It's not the fact that he restated the thesis; it's the fact that he immaturely called Windows 7 'Windows Vista SP2.1'. That immediately shows his bias.

I can't speak for the person you were responding to, but I did read and understand the entire article. Even though I agree with a few of his points, I can't respect someone who makes one biased derogatory remark after another. He was constantly calling Vista 'Me II' and 'the Broken OS'. Name calling in a supposedly informational article is unprofessional and it turns me off, even if there is a small percentage of decent content.

Quote Originally Posted by bakedbeans4life View Post
    Why can't Linux users like Windows, too? They abolished the 'Other OS' subforum here, so we have to have these threads somewhere.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped OuT View Post
    Many (most?) Linux users are also Windows users.
    Maybe Ubuntu users, very few people running Debian and Windows.

pwnst*r is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

the inquirer. lol.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by LightB View Post
    Maybe Ubuntu users, very few people running Debian and Windows.
    Hm? I didn't say that
    That quote ain't mines.

Beans

Is this the same magazine that seems to have a "I had sex with an alien" story every month?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123