Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SB Audigy 2 no sound in 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: SB Audigy 2 no sound in 9.04

The only thing that has worked so far is opening Applications >> Sound & Video >> PulseAudio Volume Control and then selecting my HDA Intel - STAC92xx Analog as Default (after I went to the Playback tab and right clicked and then >> Move Stream >> HDA Intel) ~ which is to say I have temporarily given up trying to get the Audigy card working.

Beans

New user to Linux. I had the same problem and I fixed it like this. Hope it works for other too.
    I clicked on system---administration---update manager which showed that my system is up-to-date
    Clicked on setting from there and on the updates tab checked the option pre-released updates(jaunty-proposed).
    on ubuntu software tab made sure all the options except for the source code are checked.
    on third party software tab checked unsupported updates and both the archive options.
    and clicked close. This installed a bunch of updates .including the audigy stuff I guess. It asked for a reboot atleast 4 times. After each reboot I checked the sound and it was still not working(It did not do a computer reboot here) . I did a manual restart by selecting the system-shut down-restart computer option and tried the sound again and everything worked fine.
    Hope this explanation will help someone.
    Cheers
    Last edited by pr_ark; June 6th, 2009 at 02:39 PM.

Beans

I have just solved this problem in my particular instance (9.04 with Audigy 2)

right-click the speaker icon to open volume control, select ¨switches¨ tab, and ENABLE ¨Audigy Analog / Digital Output Jack¨.

I have found many posts advising to disable this setting to fix various ¨no sound" problems. Mine was disabled (unchecked) by default. I have no idea what this setting does but in my instance it restored sound straight away - good luck!

Beans

Yeah, that jack switch gave me audio output... I just couldn't get any audio input to function.

DB

Beans
    Hidden!

I have an Audigy 2 SB0240,it shows up in terminal,and i had LOTS of problems with it,finally checking the digital output box got me sound,with lots of crackling,and yesterday i installed the new updates for the Kernel from the regular system update..and now the sound doesnt work at all again,but i still get crackling,and i cant seem to fix it. Lots of people say raiding the PCM volume takes care of it..but it doesnt seem to affect anything for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have a problem with my usb headset on Jaunty. It crackles if the pulseaudio volume control is not open, weird. So I keep it open and minimize it. You could try that.
    PMs will be ignored.

Beans

Hey I know this is kind of a dead thread but I'm having the same problem right meow. Same card and everything, just wondering if you ever solved the problem; I could use some help.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12