Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WiFi keeps disconnectig after upgreading to Jaunty

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

WiFi keeps disconnectig after upgreading to Jaunty

I have a problem with my wireless connection - from time to time it disconnects and I have to reconnect manually. I hadn't had such problems before upgrading to Jaunty and I do not have them in Windows, so it is rather not a hardware issue. The signal strength is good. I use a built-in WiFi in my Asus laptop. Any ideas what can be the reason?

Beans

Re: WiFi keeps disconnectig after upgreading to Jaunty

I hope someone replies as this is exactly the problem that I have after upgrading.

Jeff

Beans

Unhappy Re: WiFi keeps disconnectig after upgreading to Jaunty

same problem here !!!

it is very embarrassing... I have replaced windows XP in a friend computer with Ubuntu... I have told him that XP is not good... that he should use Ubuntu etc...

a now he is upset as he cannot use WIFI !!!!!....

it connects right... but after using it for a while it just hangs... so I need to reconnect manually !!! that happens every 2 minutes !!!!

is Ubuntu team working on any fix about it ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Exact same problem. Thinkpad T61, with Atheros.

Happened only with an upgrade to Jaunty. Anyone found a solution yet?
    One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs.

Beans

I didn't use wireless in Intrepid but I'm using wireless in Jaunty and I have this problem. Hope something is done about this cause its annoying.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Sounds like something that might not have a quick and simple fix around the corner. You people should divert your anger by going to file a bug report about it or if one already exists, make sure they know how common this issue is in order to get the ball rolling towards a fix. This is just a forum for asking help, the developers don't read every post out here.

Beans

I'm having trouble finding how to file a bug report. i never done so cause most of my problems have been solved. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Beans
    Distro

The report here:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/342802

It becomes very similar to my problem later.

Fabio Malagoli Panico wrote on 2009-04-15: (permalink)

* dmesg.log (43.2 KiB, text/plain)

=== Wifi not working properlly on MacBook Pro 1,1 running Jaunty Beta ===

I had Ubuntu 8.10 running and the Wifi worked fine. I've installed Jaunty 9.04 Beta (and all updates) and although wifi is working, I notice several problems:

1. Keeps disconnecting and reconnecting without reason;

2. Sometimes it won't reconnect and keeps asking for the WEP/WPA password (this happens specially after resuming from suspension); and

3. Sometimes the Wifi card is not detected, at all, even after reboot.
    3.1. Yesterday, after a resume from suspend, wifi couldn't connect, so I mannualy disable by right-clicking on the network applet and unchecking the box "enable wireless" (or something like this). After few minutes I tried to re-unable it, but it wasn't able to detect any network.
    3.2. So I reboot into MacOS and even then the computer showed "no wifi card detected", so I had to reset the PRAM (alt + command + P + R) and then it was detected.

4. I've notice that there was an option of installing an alternative proprietary driver (mad-wifi if I'm not wrong), but I didn't.

5. Right now, after resuming from suspension, the Wifi was unable to reconnect to the any network (although able to detect them), so I turn it of and return it on, but the card was no long detect. I reboot but even then the wifi card was not detect.

The commands outputs down below reflects this state (wifi card not detected). Dmesg.log as attached also reflect this present situation.
    I very occasionally have those card not detected things, but mostly I am limited to 1 and 2.

I have subscribed to this thread and am actually looking for existing bugs, because I am almost certain this must have already been filed.
    One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs.

Beans

Same problem here with my connection. I've tried a number of solutions presented on this site to no avail. So far I've:

Disable Network Manager & use WICD
    Disabled ipv6
    Reduced the Beacon Interval on my router
    Made my router a dedicated wireless G instead of dual G & N
    Updated the iwlagn driver
    Swiched my router channel
    Moved my router around the room

None of them have worked. I still get regular connection drops. No problems of this kind when I use my othe OS (Vista).
    Last edited by l-x-l; May 12th, 2009 at 07:26 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Yea, I tried a few of them, but I havent disable my ipv6 yet. Another thing I noted is that its difficult to reproduce this bug. Like I am running fine for a day now, with very similar situations.

however as t0mppa mentioned, no pointing ranting here. we should provide as much info/help we can in the bug reports.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast