Thread: HP dv 7 touch panel broken

Beans

HP dv 7 touch panel broken

So I upgraded to Jaunty, and now I have a huge problem. The touch panel at the top no longer works. This in itself would be a minor problem... if I didn't need to use the touch panel to turn on my wireless card.

Everything worked perfect in Ibex, the touch panel and wireless included. After I upgraded wireless worked for about a day then it turned itself off, and I can't turn it back on because of the non functioning touch panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HP dv 7 touch panel broken

Did you go to system>admin>hardware drivers and check to see if you have the correct driver installed?
    My Launchpad
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Wiki Page

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

there should also be a key combo to toggle that feature. usually fn + an f key
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow121 View Post
    Did you go to system>admin>hardware drivers and check to see if you have the correct driver installed?
    The only drivers that are shown are for my Nvidia card. It was the same way in Ibex.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by |{urse View Post
    there should also be a key combo to toggle that feature. usually fn + an f key
    unfortunately, no.

Beans

I too have this issue in Jaunty. What's weird is that yesterday my touch panel worked, and today it doesnt. I have no idea why it suddenly stopped