Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Permission Denied during install

Beans

Permission Denied during install

Hi,

I'm trying to Install Ubuntu within Windows. However, once installation completes, I get the following error:

An error occurred:

Permission denied

For more information, please see the log file:
    c:\users\owner\appdata\local\temp\wubi-9.04-rev128.log

However, there is no appdata folder within c:\users\owner on my computer. Please help! Thanks!

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Permission Denied during install

I had a similar error. The folder name was correct, and there was a long log message (which I saved, in case anyone wants it).

The problem in my case turned out to have nothing to do with permissions at all. The CD was bad. I found out when I tried to switch to a full install. A new CD fixed the issue completely.

Beans

Re: Permission Denied during install

Had them same problem, downloading the latest wubi fixed it for me.

It's listed as one of the fixes.

Beans

Facing the same problem
    Can you tell me which version of wubi has the fix

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jklowden View Post
    The problem in my case turned out to have nothing to do with permissions at all. The CD was bad. I found out when I tried to switch to a full install. A new CD fixed the issue completely.
    My CD drive is suspect.
    I have used the same CD to install using wubi on a diff system.

Beans

Unhappy Re: Permission Denied during install

hi every one i also got same problem while doing that.. if u got any rep then plz forward it to me @ hassan.basri@hotmail.com okay.. thnx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

To everyone experiencing this ...

The Appdata folder is "hidden" now -- it was not, if I recall, hidden under XP, and the default behaviour for Windows Explorer is to hide both system files and other hidden files (and folders) from view.

You will need to go into Windows Explorer and change it to show system files and hidden files -- then, you will see this folder.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Mate, Mint 17.3; MS Win 8.1, MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

I got the same error after downloading directly to the hard drive (no CD involved) using Wubi installer.

I changed explorer to show hidden files however I don't know how that changes anything.

Apparently the boot record could not be updated because my PC still boots to Windows XP directly with no other options.

Anyone know what steps to take to correct this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by pschwend; December 24th, 2009 at 03:53 AM. Reason: adding info about Wubi installer

Beans

Tried installing wubi 9.10. It installs half way and then gives an error message saying permission denied. It says to check the log file which I found in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp. I don't understand much of this log file

I have Windows XP Professional with SP2. I un-installed wubi and tried to install it again twice but I still get the same error message. I have 2 hard disks. One is partitioned into 2 and the other HD is partitioned into 4. I tried installing on both hard disks but don't have any success. Plz proved me a solution for this as I keen to use ubuntu.

Beans

Any help on this issue? I know a lot of people are having this problem.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast