Thread: Tracker Tool Applet error

Beans

Tracker Tool Applet error

Help, I am getting a Tracker Applet error with the upgrade to Jaunty. Message says 'There was an error while performing indexing...index corrupted'

Can this be fixed? Nothing I do makes it go away.

M

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Tracker Tool Applet error

I'm having the same problem. I even tried reindexing everything to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by markclewis1 View Post
    Help, I am getting a Tracker Applet error with the upgrade to Jaunty. Message says 'There was an error while performing indexing...index corrupted'

Can this be fixed? Nothing I do makes it go away.

M
    My Micro Dairy Farm
    What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public. -- Dan Aykroyd in "Tommy Boy"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

There are many posts here all repeating your issue. For a solution see the launchpad bug reports, in this case this one is good and there are many duplicate reports there too.
    I can recommend you search before posting issues, especially https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu, as your answers are often already there, and it saves these forums being filled with 10,000 'me too' issues.
    The last great frontier is In Your Mind!

Beans

David,

Thank you for the advice. I did search for this issue prior to posting, but wasn't finding the information to fix this particular problem. Everything I had read was from several months ago and was focused on how to configure it. My apologies for creating another 'me too' post, but it wasn't intentional.

Again, thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated!

M