Thread: How to make all sound come out of system speaker.

Beans

How to make all sound come out of system speaker.

I don't know if it's possible, but is there a way to make music and other sounds come out of the system speaker inside the actual computer (Like a desktop). This could apply to any OS, but preferrably windows (that's what my school uses, sadly)
    Ubuntu User #27950
    Linux User #492594
    For Proper Viewing, Take Red Pill Now.

Beans

Re: How to make all sound come out of system speaker.

If the speaker exists and is compatible, there should be an option in Gnome-Volume-Control for it. For more advanced alsa setup I am not sure.

On Windows, I have no idea, though I think there is a sound preferences thingy in the control thingy...

Therion is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

back in the dark ages (think: 8088 IBM PC-junior up through 80286, 80386, 80486 and Pentium I's and II's) computer cases had internal speakers and in almost all instances there were no speakers on the motherboard.

In recent years mobo makers have been putting speakers (piezo buzzers, really) on the mobo and case speakers have all but disappeared. In either case, neither one was a true peripheral that could be used for real audio duty. They were used for POST beeps and such and that was about it really.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have an old Compaq PII 350Mhz that uses the internel speaker for all sound functions running Win2K. I now just use if for looking up answers to questions, so don't need any sound output. It is now running AntiX