Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.04 Jaunty on Acer Aspire One

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Re: 9.04 Jaunty on Acer Aspire One

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_T View Post
    Sorry not sure what you mean ??

There is no pops or clicks in the sound and the notification pop-up's work fine !
    Well, every once in a while, the sound becomes erratic with hissing and audible pops in the sound. It's very infrequent. I've gone a few days without it happening, then it made a storm of noises for a good ten seconds. Luckily I wasn't in class.
    Now comes in CompTIA Network+ certified flavor!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi guys.

I fixed the problem with conky...Apparently it's something to do with the timing of it and compiz on startup. I used the method on this thread, and it works fine now.
    - Samsung R519 Silver - Dual-Boot Windows 7/Ubuntu 9.10 -
    - The Official Conky Blog - Follow conkynews on Twitter -
    - My Launchpad PPA -
    - My blog: My Little Desktop -

Beans

Hello...

i have installed Jaunty Jackalope on AAO150 and to get hibernate working i have installed the TucOnIce PPA described in AspireOne Documentation. When booting with the 2.6.28-12 kernel from the TucOnIce-PPA the wireless-LED does not working anymore, maybe because there are no linux-backports-modules available for this kernel . Is there anyone who knows to fix that ?

greetings ,
    felix

Aearenda is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Hibernate works for me on Jaunty with an AAO150 without TuxOnIce - and the LED is working right now, after waking from hibernation.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Didn't put in a big enough swap partition so I can't hibernate. Too risky for me to re size the partitions now that i'm comfortable and have everything set up.
    Now comes in CompTIA Network+ certified flavor!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I was looking at the aspire one community documentation and I'm pleased to say mostly everything has worked for me out of the box.

The fan and the wifi LED were easy enough to fix.

However, I am curious if anyone has tried the To Fix Choppy Video Playback With Intel Video section and if it really improves the video performance. I tried hulu once and the video was indeed choppy so I never went back. I just assumed it was the intel atom being underpowered. The standard graphical stuff, like dragging windows and scrolling in firefox, seem to be okay, but I'm always willing to make it better.

If no one mentions to have tried it I may give it a shot and post my findings here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Works great with my d150 not needed any fixes. The only video issues I had which were expected were the high resolution h.264 types. Had windows 7 installed as a dual boot and I have to say both OSes seemed to be on par with each other. In my opinion both outperform the default xp installation that arrived with the netbook.
    If you're not paranoid, you're not paying enough attention

Beans

So far Ubuntu on my Acer works fine but my SD slot on the left or right does not seem to work.

Log says on multiple reboots. (see below)
    I haven't tried to mount it via CLI yet.

May 7 17:38:27 Imp kernel: [ 7.081449] mmc0: error -84 whilst initialising SD card
    Fan sounds like an issue still.

Is there a way to get the regular desktop into view. Not that I don't like the cool front end but I want to be able to swap when I want.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

If it doesn't mount immediately, sometimes ejecting the card and then reinserting it will help. Or at least seem to.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hello All, I bought an AOA 150 about a month or so ago and immediately installed 9.04 UNR (one of the betas) without issue and then tried to use the normal desktop and could not get the "kiosk" interface restarted... So I just downloaded the newest image a couple of days ago and reinstalled again and expanded my drive to 100gb with no issue. I know have what I would call a "stutter" when changing menus. I can select one of the menu items on the left, the icons in the center "stutter" and will essentially show both the new menu and the old for about a second so that all the names below the icons display both names simultaneously for about a second then it catches up and switches to just the new menu... It is really strange and i didn't have this issue with the beta. Anyone have any experience with this issue? The only extra's I've installed are vlc and banshee...

Thanks for any help or insight that is offered...

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast