Thread: Kubuntu 9.04 shocked me

Beans

Exclamation Kubuntu 9.04 shocked me

I was using kubuntu 8.10, everything was working perfectly until i upgrade to kubuntu 9.04, i spent the last 3 days fixing its problems.
    The biggest two problems is:
    1- Evolution 2.26 don't have microsoft exchange plugin (i installed evolution-exchange).
    2- Can't connect to secured wireless.

I don't know why????

Beans

Re: Kubuntu 9.04 shocked me

I'm also running Kubuntu 9.04. If you're having wireless network problems they can usually be solved by replacing Network Manager with wicd. If you do "sudo apt-get install wicd" it should remove network manager and install the Wicd network manager which almost everyone finds works better. I certainly do!

Some people over on Kubuntuforums.net report having to remove network manager by hand first "sudo apt-get remove network-manager" but I found that it was automatically removed when I installed wicd.

The only downside with wicd is it doesn't have VPN and wireless broadband options built-in.

Beans

Re: Kubuntu 9.04 shocked me

I tried wicd and it worked, but what iam trying to say that the new kubuntu has so many bugs, thats makes it so bad.
    Iam saying that because i love linux, i do not consider myself the biggest linux fan, but i am so sad to let linux haters, have something agains using linux.
    Linux means go forward like using the new plasma network manager, not go backward.

AGAIn iam saying that because i LOVE kubuntu.