Quote Originally Posted by kiprit View Post
A miracle?

Last night I had left my computer running, and as I last checked nothing had changed. this morning when I came back the internet was gone. I played with /etc/network/interfaces and no change was happening. I realized that I had to reboot my router.
After my internet came back, i started deluge and voila! starting in a second! others work perfectly too. I literally did nothing, no update; no playing with settings...

the options:
a. a secret trick embedded in the code: mess with your network settings, revert to original; reboot your router. solve your freezing problems!
b. gnome has really gnomes. they came out while I was sleeeping after stealing a couple of underwears they decided to fix my system.
c. jaunty was just being lazy, after a good night sleep and rest is now running like crazy
d. it's a kind of magic
I noticed that when the firewall is completely locked (no outbound or inbound connections allowed) and you start Deluge, it freezes. The interface is displayed, but nothing about the current torrents are showed and you cant click on anything. If you then disable the firewall, Deluge comes back to life immediately. So I guess if you don't have a proper connection, then Deluge goes crazy.