Thread: Laid off in Denver

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Unhappy Laid off in Denver

I was just laid off 2 hours ago from my current job designing safety circuits for an OEM battery company in Denver, CO. Funny how that works as my wife and I just bought a house last week.

Anyone need a Linux enthusiast, security clearance holding, electrical design engineer?

I am sure it is odd posting in an Ubuntu forums for work... but I have no choice but to be optimistic. Forum Gods please forgive this post!

-AR
    Actors make their living playing pretend, so why do we listen to them about how we should live in the real world?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Laid off in Denver

Quote Originally Posted by ARhere View Post
    I was just laid off 2 hours ago from my current job designing safety circuits for an OEM battery company in Denver, CO. Funny how that works as my wife and I just bought a house last week.

Anyone need a Linux enthusiast, security clearance holding, electrical design engineer?

I am sure it is odd posting in an Ubuntu forums for work... but I have no choice but to be optimistic. Forum Gods please forgive this post!

-AR
    I know your pain as I was laid off on the 1st. It is funny you mention buying a house because I was getting about to buy a home.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Moved to the Community Market. Best of luck to you, Icehuck
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

I am the Director of Operations at an I.T./Engineering focused staffing firm in Mobile, Alabama (and a linux nut too!). We don't do anything out that way but I'm in a nationwide recruiting network and some of our partner firms are in the Denver area. I you want to send me a copy of your resume and I'd be happy to circulate it for you. No promises but it never hurts.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by cptr13 View Post
    I am the Director of Operations at an I.T./Engineering focused staffing firm in Mobile, Alabama (and a linux nut too!). We don't do anything out that way but I'm in a nationwide recruiting network and some of our partner firms are in the Denver area. I you want to send me a copy of your resume and I'd be happy to circulate it for you. No promises but it never hurts.
    I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this. It really is a small world because the company that laid me off moved me from Ocean Springs, MS; just next door to Mobile.

I will send you my resume with the email link you have for your account. IF that does not work you can always download a copy from my server at http://www.arhere.com.

Thanks Again,
    -AR
    Actors make their living playing pretend, so why do we listen to them about how we should live in the real world?

Beans

ARhere, I got your resume and just sent you an email. Let me know a good time to talk, I have some questions for you.

I also got another resume from someone else looking around. It wasn't my intention to use the forums to drum up business, but at the same time if there are other folks that are looking around and would like to discuss if we have anything available, seek general help with resumes, job hunting advice etc, don't hesitate to PM me. I'm not charging for this stuff....it's usually limited to friends and friends of friends....but I think Linux folks fall into that

Beans

Wink Re: Laid off in Denver

I cant offer you much beyond my best wishes. I Was out of work for a while due to circumstances too frightening and bizzare to even begin to relate. I now have a new job and am really enjoying it. No worries mate just remember - you cant keep a good man down !!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1959 View Post
    ... I Was out of work for a while due to circumstances too frightening and bizzare to even begin to relate....
    I am intrigued! If you tell me your story I will tell you mine. I know my story is not funny, but appalling.

-AR