Thread: Enable scanner button on Fujitsu ScanSnap S510?

Beans

Question Enable scanner button on Fujitsu ScanSnap S510?

I have a Fujitsu ScanSnap S510 which is working well in Ubuntu intrepid, primarily using gscan2pdf. However, it has a "one touch scan" button that I would like to get working in Linux.

I found the scanbuttond and kscannerbuttons projects. scanbuttond is packaged in universe, and installs well, but doesn't detect any scanners, because it doesn't have a library to support Fujitsu scanners. kscannerbuttons is apparently not packaged, but doesn't list Fujitsu support either.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get the scanner button working? I can handle writing scripts to do what I want it to do once the scanner button is being recognized, I just need something that will react to the button being pressed.

Beans

Re: Enable scanner button on Fujitsu ScanSnap S510?

I've been doing some research on this. I wanted to find out before I went ahead and dropped several hundred dollars on the S510. I'll probably borrow one from my employer so I can try it out. I'll post back here with my findings.

In the mean time, if anyone has any experience getting this to work, please post!

Thanks.

Beans

Re: Enable scanner button on Fujitsu ScanSnap S510?

Did either of you find out how to get 1 button working?
    or someone else??? I need the hook.