Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Karmic Koala's "new look"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Karmic Koala's "new look"

Quote Originally Posted by 23meg View Post
    I do.
    Thanks for taking my question literally, please elaborate on what sort of concrete things you know of.
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by wsonar View Post
    Didn't read the whole post but new versions could use more art

windows 7 and pc-bsd both come with a lot more wallpapers and themes

one thing cool in kubuntu I noticed tho is being able to install themes and stuff from kde-look directly from the apearance customization window
    It is planed to create an extra wallpaper package for 9.10. You can see the images submitted and read more on the wiki:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Inco...ic/Backgrounds

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by MadsRH View Post
    It is planed to create an extra wallpaper package for 9.10. You can see the images submitted and read more on the wiki:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Inco...ic/Backgrounds
    I dig "silhouette"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Merk42 View Post
    Thanks for taking my question literally, please elaborate on what sort of concrete things you know of.

Beans
    Distro

You're just full of sarcasm aren't you?

I saw the things on the Design Usability Clinics in the UDS Schedule, but they were all blank.

Or are you agreeing with me that so far all they have to show for it is a bunch of post-its decorating a wall?
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Beans

You're just full of sarcasm aren't you?
    And you've been full of blind hostility and cynicism against Canonical / Ubuntu, to the point of having contributed nothing else to this forum so far, so you don't deserve any better. I don't find threads full of hatred and baseless attacks worthy of sharing factual information in, sorry. They're always a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Merk42
    I saw the things on the Design Usability Clinics in the UDS Schedule, but they were all blank.
    Assuming that by "things" you mean the blueprints, they are meant as placeholders for the schedule. The sessions are more like workshops, where the Canonical Design / UX team provide design and usability assistance to developers, mostly upstream.

Or are you agreeing with me that so far all they have to show for it is a bunch of post-its decorating a wall?
    No, I was just trying to trigger this exact knee-jerk response. Bingo!

Beans
    Distro

And you've been full of blind hostility and cynicism against Canonical / Ubuntu, to the point of having contributed nothing else to this forum so far, so you don't deserve any better. I don't find threads full of hatred and baseless attacks worthy of sharing factual information in, sorry. They're always a waste of time.
    What hostility? I created this thread immediately after the forum became available because I wanted it to be the one-stop-shop for all the new visual updates to Karmic. I plan(ed) to constantly update my original post with new information. Nothing new has happened yet (other than the announcement of it being delayed), so I haven't updated it. If something were shown/talked about at the clinic, I'd definitely update the post accordingly.

Assuming that by "things" you mean the blueprints, they are meant as placeholders for the schedule. The sessions are more like workshops, where the Canonical Design / UX team provide design and usability assistance to developers, mostly upstream.
    Yes some of the others I saw had information, sketchs etc filled in them. I assumed that the blueprints would have something once a session was over.

No, I was just trying to trigger this exact knee-jerk response. Bingo!
    I was being sincere when I didn't know what they did.
    I want to be proven wrong.
    Instead, you apparently couldn't prove me wrong and then go with the whole "dance puppets dance" response?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you want you can start a new thread to share what facts you do know. It would be nice to see them.

Beans

What hostility?
    A search for your posts would provide a complete and satisfactory answer to that question.

I created this thread immediately after the forum became available because I wanted it to be the one-stop-shop for all the new visual updates to Karmic.
    Given your original post, I don't find that sentence convincing.

I plan(ed) to constantly update my original post with new information. Nothing new has happened yet (other than the announcement of it being delayed), so I haven't updated it. If something were shown/talked about at the clinic, I'd definitely update the post accordingly.
    1) I see no indication of such a "plan" anywhere in this thread.

2) There was no "promise" (as per your favorite term) of any specific redesign goal for Karmic, so nothing has been "delayed", strictly speaking.

3) The "clinic" sessions have nothing to do with the "new look"; there are other sessions dedicated to that.

Yes some of the others I saw had information, sketchs etc filled in them. I assumed that the blueprints would have something once a session was over.
    It generally takes some time; right after the discussion there are usually just Gobby notes, and the blueprints are drafted a week or so after the UDS. But the "clinic" ones may remain empty, since the sessions (I attended only one of them) are basically hands-on workshops, and aren't intended to produce any specific tangible outcome.

I was being sincere when I didn't know what they did.
    I want to be proven wrong.
    Instead, you apparently couldn't prove me wrong and then go with the whole "dance puppets dance" response?
    I have no intention of "proving you wrong".
    Last edited by 23meg; May 28th, 2009 at 12:38 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ktp View Post
    If you want you can start a new thread to share what facts you do know. It would be nice to see them.
    I will, after UDS.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast