Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Karmic Koala's "new look"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Karmic Koala's "new look"

Quote Originally Posted by davideotape View Post
    ROFL. Just been cancelled, hasn't it?
    Well the equivalent would be Canonical going out of business before they deliver the new theme.
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by taavikko View Post
    Found amazind dark theme on deviantart: mira

Back to topic,

Whatever theme you would like to be default, the venue for pursuing that goal, isn't in these forums.
    Hardly useful to anyone to argue that this theme is better than the other one...
    Very Nice Theme. Thank you. It will most likely be my theme till 9.10

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by caryb View Post
    I got a joke email today with this image in it! perhaps we could model the theme on this

Cary
    Heh, cute.
    http://www.tmrepository.com/about/

Windows 7 is so much better.

Beans

I thinks its time we added a decent looking facebrowser login maybe even as the default.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

brown is likely going to be disappearing. heres the new palette for KK:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Inco...ur_Inner_Koala

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tylerisfat View Post
    brown is likely going to be disappearing. heres the new palette for KK:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Inco...ur_Inner_Koala
    That's a draft for just one suggested community theme, not the default theme for Karmic.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by 23meg View Post
    That's a draft for just one suggested community theme, not the default theme for Karmic.
    ""Brown has served us well" but other options will be considered for Karmic Koala. "

One of Mark Shuttleworth's notes concerning art design for KK. Energy conservation and the "Eucalyptus" cloud computing projects are "planned features and goals" which "can and should serve as guidance and inspiration for artwork, especially for backgrounds."

So yes, that one in particular is just one... but representative of a direction being taken.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Making Ubuntu green would be certainly be interesting. I saw the palette before the backgrounds, and it looked like puke...but those background are rather nice.
    I don't really mind, and it's starting to get to me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by tylerisfat View Post
    ""Brown has served us well" but other options will be considered for Karmic Koala. "

One of Mark Shuttleworth's notes concerning art design for KK. Energy conservation and the "Eucalyptus" cloud computing projects are "planned features and goals" which "can and should serve as guidance and inspiration for artwork, especially for backgrounds."

So yes, that one in particular is just one... but representative of a direction being taken.
    He says a lot of things, like in my signature. I also have him quoted in the first post of this thread. So frankly I won't believe anything until it officially shows up in ArtworkFirstDrop on August 27th.
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Merk42 View Post
    He says a lot of things, like in my signature. I also have him quoted in the first post of this thread. So frankly I won't believe anything until it officially shows up in ArtworkFirstDrop on August 27th.
    fair enough. I think what we all need to remember is this is an open-source, community driven distro. If the only think you want is better artwork, then get involved. Gather together different themes that would fit well, submit proposals, join ubuntu brainstorm, vote. the best way to see stuff happen is to be a part of it.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast