Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 228

Thread: Karmic Koala's "new look"

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Pteleos Greece
    Beans
    408
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Karmic Koala's "new look"

    i've found myseldf sticking with shiki colors in several months now.
    it is pretty, relaxing and the combination of icons and theme is what matters to me.
    and what i really find wrong in ubuntu apperance now is the icons and not the theme.i kinda like the human theme.
    "Computers are like air conditioners, when you open WINDOW$ they stop working."
    Όσο ζώ μαθαίνω ...
    If Microsoft ever does applications for Linux it means I've won.
    Linus Torvalds

  2. #112
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Strasbourg, Fr
    Beans
    2,384
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Karmic Koala's "new look"

    I didn't know of shiki colors before going through this thread : it's the first dark theme I find sleek and professionnal looking. I really think it should replace/complete the current dark themes available by default...

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Beans
    458

    Re: Karmic Koala's "new look"

    Yeah shiki colors is one of the nicest themes i've found, should at least by included if not made the default. Gnome colors iconset should be included aswell as they go really well with the shiki colors themes (and look a lot nicer than the defualt icons)

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Beans
    273
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Karmic Koala's "new look"

    Another "vote" for shiki-colors here. They had a really nice installer app for a while as well; it would let you choose from a range of a few colours and included a colour palette etc. I think there's a notice on gnome-look saying it's temporarily withdrawn for fixes. The gnome-colors icons are quite nice as well, although personally think that the human icon set is one of the human themes strongest points.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hempstead, NY
    Beans
    1,694
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Karmic Koala's "new look"

    Quote Originally Posted by jmmL View Post
    Another "vote" for shiki-colors here. They had a really nice installer app for a while as well; it would let you choose from a range of a few colours and included a colour palette etc. I think there's a notice on gnome-look saying it's temporarily withdrawn for fixes. The gnome-colors icons are quite nice as well, although personally think that the human icon set is one of the human themes strongest points.
    You haven't been paying attention to the gnome-look entry for Shiki-Colors, have you?

    It now points you to a PPA.

    https://launchpad.net/~gnome-colors-...s/+archive/ppa

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Beans
    273
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Karmic Koala's "new look"

    Quote Originally Posted by Starks View Post
    You haven't been paying attention to the gnome-look entry for Shiki-Colors, have you?

    It now points you to a PPA.

    https://launchpad.net/~gnome-colors-packagers/+archive/ppa
    Thanks for that - I discovered the PPA concurrently after looking at the thread requesting a new sources.list!

    No noticeable change upon upgrade though.

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Beans
    325
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Karmic Koala's "new look"

    Hey all,

    I'm one of the people behind that PPA.

    Installing gnome-colors, shiki-colors, and arc-colors will give you all five color variations. If you just want one color, we provide seperate packages as well:

    * gnome-brave-icon-theme
    * gnome-human-icon-theme
    * gnome-noble-icon-theme
    * gnome-wine-icon-theme
    * gnome-wise-icon-theme

    * shiki-brave-theme
    * shiki-human-theme
    * shiki-noble-theme
    * shiki-wine-theme
    * shiki-wise-theme

    * arc-brave
    * arc-human
    * arc-noble
    * arc-wine
    * arc-wise

    There's also a port of Shiki's Metacity theme for XFCE:

    shiki-colors-xfwm-theme

    We've submitted the packages for inclusion in Debian (just waiting for a DD to sponsor the upload) with the goal of having them synced in to Ubuntu for Karmic.

    You can follow the status in these bug reports:

    GNOME-Colors - https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/261988
    Shiki-Colors - https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/328667
    Arc-Colors - https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/353537
    -----

    You're more likely to get answers from me over on AskUbuntu these days.

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Beans
    112

    Smile Re: Karmic Koala's "new look"

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewsomething View Post
    Hey all,

    I'm one of the people behind that PPA.

    Installing gnome-colors, shiki-colors, and arc-colors will give you all five color variations. If you just want one color, we provide seperate packages as well:

    * gnome-brave-icon-theme
    * gnome-human-icon-theme
    * gnome-noble-icon-theme
    * gnome-wine-icon-theme
    * gnome-wise-icon-theme

    * shiki-brave-theme
    * shiki-human-theme
    * shiki-noble-theme
    * shiki-wine-theme
    * shiki-wise-theme

    * arc-brave
    * arc-human
    * arc-noble
    * arc-wine
    * arc-wise

    There's also a port of Shiki's Metacity theme for XFCE:

    shiki-colors-xfwm-theme

    We've submitted the packages for inclusion in Debian (just waiting for a DD to sponsor the upload) with the goal of having them synced in to Ubuntu for Karmic.

    You can follow the status in these bug reports:

    GNOME-Colors - https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/261988
    Shiki-Colors - https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/328667
    Arc-Colors - https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/353537
    Great job, I love this theme... should be default!
    xens.dyndns.org

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    /home/Helsinki
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Karmic Koala's "new look"

    Found amazind dark theme on deviantart: mira



    Back to topic,

    Whatever theme you would like to be default, the venue for pursuing that goal, isn't in these forums.
    Hardly useful to anyone to argue that this theme is better than the other one...
    I won't answer to difficult guestions.

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Beans
    181
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Post Re: Karmic Koala's "new look"

    It's so sad that mockup of "Clear" theme is only a mockup... I think that it looks just perfect

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •