Thread: Compiz Snow does not work in Jaunty

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Compiz Snow does not work in Jaunty

Ok. So I've got compiz on my laptop and it works great. No complaints except one... The snow plugin when I check the box to activate it and press <Super> + F3 in an attempt to start it ever so elegantly unchecks it's self. It might be trying to tell me something but I would really like it to work.

Can anyone help?

The laptop is an NEC Versa p9110 with an nVIDIA GeFORCE 8400 graphic card which can run compiz (or so I think) just fine.

And did it work for you guys straight out of the box?
    Linux user #413407
    Worlds Worst Disasters: Hiroshima 45, Chernobell 86, Windows 98....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Compiz Snow does not work in Jaunty

Quote Originally Posted by belikralj View Post
    Ok. So I've got compiz on my laptop and it works great. No complaints except one... The snow plugin when I check the box to activate it and press <Super> + F3 in an attempt to start it ever so elegantly unchecks it's self. It might be trying to tell me something but I would really like it to work.

Can anyone help?

The laptop is an NEC Versa p9110 with an nVIDIA GeFORCE 8400 graphic card which can run compiz (or so I think) just fine.

And did it work for you guys straight out of the box?
    No mine dont work to. I have nVIDIA 6200 GeFORCE. Pozdrav

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

There is one more thing, some of animations missing after upgrade, received yesterday.I was unable to set extra animations in SCCSM, therefore i have only 11 animations on my list, without my favorite, explode animation, I can swear there was a explode animations in past few days. Any solution?

Beans

I just did a fresh installation of 64-bit Jaunty, and after installing compiz-plugins-unsupported, I can verify that the snow plugin does work. I guess you just have to reinstall compiz (or, if you have the patience, the whole OS).