Thread: X61 tablet Graphics issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Unhappy X61 tablet Graphics issue

Just installed 9.04 on my Lenovo x61 Tablet. Really happy about the out of box tablet support but now the advanced graphics settings don't work. When I try to enable them threw the System > Preferences > Appearance, Visual affects tab it looks for a driver then says that the display settings can't be applied. I have attached my Xorg.conf file in hopes that it will help. Please let me know if there is anything I need to do to get more diagnostic information. The error listed in the Auth.log error report is as follows:

Code:
    Apr 25 10:37:08 andrew-tablet dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.36" (uid=1000 pid=3400 comm="/usr/lib/indicator-applet/indicator-applet --oaf-a") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.56" (uid=1000 pid=4416 comm="/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/jockey-gtk --check-compos"))
    Apr 25 10:37:08 andrew-tablet dbus-daemon: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.36" (uid=1000 pid=3400 comm="/usr/lib/indicator-applet/indicator-applet --oaf-a") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="Get" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.57" (uid=109 pid=4421 comm="/usr/lib/policykit/polkitd "))

Beans
    Distro

Re: X61 tablet Graphics issue

Sorry here is my Xorg.conf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Found the solution:
    http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/04/...c-drivers.html

Apparently the Graphics driver has an issue hope they fix it soon

Beans

did you find the fix aknight I have a lenovo x61tablet also and have the same problem

Beans
    Distro

Talking Re: X61 tablet Graphics issue

As I mentioned in post three the link has a solutions that worked for me. you simply enter this in a Terminal:

Code:
    mkdir -p ~/.config/compiz/ && echo SKIP_CHECKS=yes >> ~/.config/compiz/compiz-manager

Beans

Smile Re: X61 tablet Graphics issue

Quote Originally Posted by AKnightintheDesert View Post
    As I mentioned in post three the link has a solutions that worked for me. you simply enter this in a Terminal:

Code:
    mkdir -p ~/.config/compiz/ && echo SKIP_CHECKS=yes >> ~/.config/compiz/compiz-manager
    It works fine for me, but I had a crash last night , a bad one, so bye bye compiz for now until the bug is gone

Beans
    Distro

Still more stable than Vista. Anyone know how we can contribute to the further development of this driver??

Beans

I have x61 tablet (MODEL# 7764-CTO) and I am having exactly the same issue as you guys...
    I am recieving the following message after I try to enable desktop effects :
    ** (nautilus:5342): WARNING **: Unable to add monitor: Operation not supported

Also message popups sayings 'Desktop effects could not be enabled'

I tried running the above code in my terminal but it comes with that error ''** (nautilus:5342): WARNING **: Unable to add monitor: Operation not supported
    ''

Can anyone help?