Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reference Guide Required For Supported Files Of Various Ubuntu Multimedia Programs

Beans

Re: Reference Guide Required For Supported Files Of Various Ubuntu Multimedia Program

Hi USB 3.0,

Looks like the issue has been resolved by the MPlayer developers and lagarith playback is now re-enabled for the svn MPlayer courtesy of Reimar:

Code:
    andrew@skamandros~$ svn log svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk -r 29767
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    r29767 | reimar | 2009-10-10 20:27:22 +1100 (Sat, 10 Oct 2009) | 2 lines

Implement dummy EncodePointer/DecodePointer functions needed for e.g. lagarith.dll

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    which enables playback of these files after the file lagarith.dll is manually copied to the location of your codec package. I attach another gratuitous screenshot of the sample file now playing successfully under Linux .

All the best,

Andrew

PS My sincere apologies to Rytron for hijacking this thread, my enthusiasm for MPlayer leads me a little astray at times...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Re: Reference Guide Required For Supported Files Of Various Ubuntu Multimedia Program

That's Great!
    Thank you andrew and MPlayer developers so much for your quick responses ..
    And sorry again to Rytron for this 'hijacking operation'

Edit: Umm, I hope it's just my n00bness but ..
    Putting lagarith.dll in the /usr/lib/codecs directory and running that SVN command didn't do it for me
    should I put it in a sub-directory or what?
    I'm working on Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty - 64bit so .. does that make any difference?
    Last edited by USB 3.0; October 10th, 2009 at 06:42 PM.

Beans

Hi USB,

Quote Originally Posted by USB 3.0 View Post
    I'm working on Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty - 64bit so .. does that make any difference?
    Hmmm... it could very well make a difference, I'm afraid that one of the MPlayer devs suggested that the vfw codecs would not work with a 64bit system. I did note however that the lagarith zipfile had a subdirectory marked lagarith64 with a slightly larger dll there and I presume this is the one you tried? As for svn you will need to perhaps follow this guide that some kind person has put together:

HowTo: Install the very latest MPlayer under Jaunty Jackalope
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1081070

Unfortunately I don't have access to a 64bit system to test lagarith.dll out with the 64bit MPlayer...

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

The xine engine, which is used by xine, vlc, miro and amarok and a bunch of other mostly KDE apps also has a very larger number of supported codecs, almost as many as mplayer or maybe more.
    PMs will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

For anyone interested: Kplayer (http://kplayer.sourceforge.net/) supports Lagarith Lossless Video Codec.
    It just plays the videos slower, depending on the CPU power of your PC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12