Thread: UNR installation

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

UNR installation

I downloaded and slapped Jaunty on a USB stick. Booting and running from the stick works fine. Clicking install from the live desktop does nothing. Rebooting. Choose install jaunty from boot menu. System boots to where it starts X and screen blanks and never returns. Anyone else?

Eee PC 1000

Beans

Re: UNR installation

Fairly off=topic:

I booted Jaunty from a USB stick and the live version worked perfectly. However, I did not try installing, and from the looks from this post, I'm glad I didn't. I was quite tempted, though; NBR looked pretty slick.

I'm curious if there's much improvement in Jaunty for Eee PCs. I'm also running an Eee PC on Eeebuntu, right now. Although, I'm using OpenBox as my WM since it's a tad more responsive on it.

I think that I'd like to experiment with Jaunty NBR, Eeebuntu, EasyPeasy, and Cruncheee when I get the chance.

Has anyone installed Cruncheee successfully on an Eee PC 1000?

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Quote Originally Posted by nlvivar View Post
    Has anyone installed Cruncheee successfully on an Eee PC 1000?
    Yes, that's what I'm currently running.

Beans

Sorry, but this is really off-topic now.

Joakim2: How do you like it? I'm using Eeebuntu right now.
    I've tried using unetbootin to make a live USB stick with Cruncheee, but it starts up, but donesn't load. I just get the throbber and then a blank screen.

I've read in one post that Crunchee has a problem with the latest, upgraded bios. Is this true in your experience? Is there a way around it? I saw in the same post that described the bios problem that one way around it is downgrading your bios, but I do not want to do that.

Thanks.