Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

Quote Originally Posted by supmantua View Post
    i ran this and got this error (towards the bottom)

i'm also having an issue with choppy video.
    using the latest update, my video is
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

any help would be greatly appreciated
    I've had success on my new netbook (Toshiba NB200) with a Intel Mobile 945GME Express by adding this PPA and then upgrading:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates

Proceed at your own risk though, I'm not 100% these drivers would be best for your chipset but they certainly fixed the choppy video / flash I was experiencing.

EDIT: Btw, with the above clean up and installation of the newer Adobe Flash player, are you sure you downloaded and extracted the .tar.gz from the first two steps?
    Last edited by nandemonai; August 31st, 2009 at 10:24 AM.
    Linux Mint 8 64 Bit | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.80GHz (OC) | 4GB Kingston RAM | Asus P5Q Delux Motherboard | Asus EN9800GT (NVIDIA) | WD 120GB / WD 720GB SATA2 HDDs

Beans

Thanks this help alot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Go to adobe site and select "Different operating system or browser?". Select Linux from the drop down menu and continue. At the very bottom of the list is Flash player 10 for Linux (.deb). Select that one and you should be able to install it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Unhappy Re: Problem with Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu 9.04

As far as I am concerned, this is a show-stopper for me and I will not go to 9.10 until it is fixed. I use 8.10 on my System76 Pangolin laptop and 9.04 on my HP Compaq dc5800 at work. The choppy video problem begins with 9.04 as it is not an issue with 8.10, so I have no intention of upgrading my laptop yet.

I have tried virtually every suggested fix that I have found on the forums with no success .

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789